1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by stealth02, Oct 20, 2004.

1. stealth02

stealth02 Member

I am totally new to mod chips and what to do. I want a mod chip that is easy to install, easy to use, and wont burn a whole in my wallet. Once do I get a mod chip I need to know where I can get all these BIOS in order to play back ups. Finally I need to know how to burn back ups. I have a DVD Burner so that is not a problem. Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

3. stealth02

stealth02 Member

How about making back ups of my games?

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Get Slayer's disc and install the programs off of it. Then use FTP to rip your games from your XBOX to your PC. Then use Qwix or Craxtion to convert the files into an XBOX image, and use NERO to burn.

5. stealth02

stealth02 Member

As I said I am completlly new, where can I find all of that stuff? Or is there any tutorials where I can find out how?

6. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I can't tell you where to get the "stuff" as it is illegal, and I don't wanna be banned from here sorry man.

7. stealth02

stealth02 Member

I bought the chip from that link, but once it comes all I have to do is install it? Once I do can I play back ups right away?

8. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2004
  9. stealth02

stealth02 Member

I downloaded that BIOS, now that I did that how do I get it onto the chip? After I do that how do I create back ups?

10. stealth02

stealth02 Member

I downloaded that BIOS, now that I did that how do I get it onto the chip? After I do that how do I create back ups?

11. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

You need to install your chip first then you can burn the bios onto a DVD-RW and flash the chip. I don't know anything much about the Aladdin chip, but you should check out their website for instructions.

12. stealth02

stealth02 Member

What about burning the back ups? What is all this about a Crossover cable? What is it? Where do I get it? Do I need it?

13. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

If you're [bold]NOT[/bold] behind a modem router then you can use Cross-over cable to connect your XBOX straight to your PC. If you [bold]ARE[/bold] behind a router, then you need to use a Patch cable to connect your XBOX to your router, then another Patch cable to connect your PC to the router. The purpose is to use your XBOX drive to rip a game's contents to the PC, then use a program like Qwix or Craxtion to convert the ripped contents into an XBOX image in order to burn onto a blank media. That's the only way to do it because there are no PC drives that can read XBOX games. And no it's not possible if you take the XBOX drive and stick it in your PC, not gonna work, at least I haven't heard of anyone has done it that way.

You can buy the cables at BestBuy, CircuitCity, etc... Just ask for help. You will need the cables if you want to backup your games.