1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jborland, Oct 25, 2004.

1. jborland

jborland Member

I want to start out by thanking you ScubaPete for all of your great advice. I made several costers before decideding to do some research and find your words of wisdom. I followed you instructions exactly and it working great on my first try. I have made about 20 or so dvds so far and now all of a sudden it wont work any more. I have tried deleting decrypter and shrink and reinstalling them both but it still does not work. it goes through shrink fine but when decrypter goes to pick it up and start i get a message at the bottom that says device not ready (logical unit not ready, cause not reportable). I started out using dynex dvd+R. they worked fine and then i started getting this. then i switched to memorex and sony. i get this same message with each brand. Please help. thanks a ton.

Jborland

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Hey Jborland,

The device its talking about is either your harddrive or the blank DVD in the drive.

The files should be on your harddrive somewhere, take these and start up your burning software (DVD Decypter, Nero, etc) and burn try to burn them.

Adder.

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Sounds like it's not picking up your media in the burner(as adder suggested) or the burner itself. Check to see if your PC is reading your burner's drive. You can reinstall the drive or try using dvdinfopro(free) to reconnect the drive. You can also uninstall the drive and reboot and your PC should pick up on it and reinstall automatically as new hardware.

BTW, your media choices aren't too hot either(altho depending on who made it sony is OK).

Try branded Ritek G04 4x-R or Ridata 4x +R from meritline. Under .50 each and w/frre shipping.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2004