1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by GMKennels, Nov 18, 2004.

1. GMKennels

GMKennels Member

Hey guys I need some serious help.I installed a ATI 9200 PCI card about 5 months ago and every thing was great.About a month ago I went to start up and the hard drive ran and read all the drives but the monitor was still saying no signal from PC.Well I am at a loss on what to do.If I cant see what Im doing I cant uninstall the video card and put the stock back in.Any ideas?My PC has been down for a month now and its driving me nuts. Please help

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Does the monitor display ANYTHING at all?
    IE does it display the POST screen?

Before giving you any pointers, could you explain a little more of the exact problem you are encountering?

3. GMKennels

GMKennels Member

The monitor is saying that it is receiving no signal.I have tried another monitor and it does the same.

4. Xian

Xian Regular member

I assume you have tried to reseat the video card - take it out and put it back in. I have seen them get slightly pulled out of the agp slot before and not send a signal.

As far as putting the old card back in, just put it in the slot and start up. When it is still in the startup screen displaying bios info the monitor is only in ega/vga mode and does not need a special driver. When Windows is starting you should be able to press F8 and go into safe mode and uninstall the old drivers.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try a different video card if reseat doesn't work

6. GMKennels

GMKennels Member

Well heres the kicker.The old graphics set up is in the chipset I gues because there is no old card.Im at a loss here. I tried reseating the card but it didnt help.Guess im gonna have to get a pro to look at it. This sux

7. Dr.xp

Dr.xp Regular member

gmk did you hear the beep signal from the bios when you turnit on because if you dont the problem is not the vga.

did you try you vga on another pc
    or in another pci on your pc

8. Dr.xp

Dr.xp Regular member

gmk did you hear the beep signal from the bios when you turnit on because if you dont the problem is not the vga.

did you try you vga on another pc
    or in another pci on your pc