1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jordanm, Nov 23, 2004.

1. jordanm

jordanm Guest

ok i need help i have a computer with a dvd rom but i dont know if it has a dvd burner and do i need the dvd decrypter if it does have a dvd burner or do i need it anyway to burn my ps2 games

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

If you have a dvd burner then you can burn your games with dvd decrypter. you need a modified ps2 to be able to play your backups....Do you?

Go to my computer and see if drive says dvd rw, if it does then you have a dvd burner.

3. jordanm

jordanm Guest

ok i downloaded the dvd decrypter but i dont have a dvd burner, wut now?

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

...buy one.
    (if you want to burn dvd's...you need a dvd burner)

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Go buy a dvd rw
    There is no point in downloading decrypter if you don't have a burner...A dvd burner.

and also, you need some type of modification done to your PS2 to be able to play the backup.

6. jordanm

jordanm Guest

how much r they

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

8. jordanm

jordanm Guest

ok i will write back once i get it and how do i modefie my ps2

9. Crimson1

Crimson1 Member

If you computer has a CD burner, you could back up some of the smaller games. These tend to be old game like Crash Bandicoot. To get these games to run, you'll need a mod chip. I use a DMS3 to avoid the hassle, but you'll need to have it professionally installed, unless you are an expert solderer. Otherwise, you could end up frying your PS2.

10. jordanm

jordanm Guest

ok well wut if i want to burn the games that are bigger or are u talking about my ps2 needs that dms3 mod chip to play any kind of game big or small and who would or wut store would be able to do that

11. Crimson1

Crimson1 Member

You'll need a DVD burner to create any game that is over 700Mb, which is 90% of them.

You'll most likely have to order a mod chip online. The most popular one's are DMS and Magic, but there are many options. Make sure you understand what the chip does and how to use it before you decide. Not all chips have to be soldered. And some require some playing around before loading the game, like the slide card.

Doing a google search for "mod chip" will bring up and endless list of online stores.

12. jordanm

jordanm Guest

ok i will get back to u about that asap