1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by calmed, Dec 8, 2004.

1. calmed

calmed Member

Hi everyone.
    I'm a little late getting into ripping, however.
    I have successfully ripped/backedup DVd movies using DVd shrinker. I'm now trying to backup PS2 games.
    Here's what I have, DVDDecrypter 3.5..... and Nero.
    Q- I have burned the games but it will not play on the
    PS2 console, what am I missing???
    Thanks

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

You can create an iso file of your ps2 game and burn it with dvd decrytper if you like. But, to play your backups you will need to install a modchip or use a swapmethod, such as SwapMagic w/ 'slidecard' or 'fliptop'. Everything you need to know is in the forums.

3. calmed

calmed Member

Thanks!!

Where can I obtain a modchip and is it easly to install?

4. Colemanvt

Colemanvt Member

Do you have a mod chip for your ps2? >_0
    Look on www.modchip.com for some ideas what you might want but i recommend the no solder mod chip. Unless you enjoy soldering 15+ points to circuits the size of pin points. *shrugs* umm if you get the no solder mod make sure you get what are called "Swap Magic Discs" one is for DVD games one for CD I'm supposed to be typing an essay right now so I gotta make this quick. You have to make sure you know what model number ps2 you have as well. some modchips don't work with some ps2 models. You can easily figure this out by useing the version guide on modchip.com and it will show you whether you have a V4-V12 (Version 4-12). All said and done eventhough you use alot of modchip.com's resources i don't recommend buying form them because they are so expensive. Try looking on froogle for the modchip you want and make sure to add your ps2 model number into the search. for instance...
    mine is a... V4 no solder mod if you get that kind of mod I stress again that you will need the swap discs so you could just add that in with your search so finally it would be something like. v4 no solder mod swap discs or magic swap I'm sure using either one will give you results... Now that i think about it I really really hope you don't have a mod chip or I wasted alota time :)

Peace
    CVT

5. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

all i do to backup games is use nero express, choose dvd, then copy entire disc - seems to work everytime (except for def jam ffny and bloodrayne 2) Hope this works for you!