1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help.....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jomel, Dec 23, 2004.

1. jomel

jomel Member

I been using dvd shrink for a while and never had problems.When I used to put the dvd movie into the burner no problem.Now when I open shrink and put the dvd in the burner nothing works everything start freezing even shrink is not responding.What happen?Even when I use to put a movie in the burner realplayer would open and show the movie.Now nothing openes anymore everything freeze up as soon as I turn the burner on???

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Yikes!
    I think I would remove Shrink, do a system restore and start over. Are you getting any error messages?

3. jomel

jomel Member

i removed shrink and installed it over and still the same problem....even nero don't see the burner but it says device working.I don't know what the problem is.The burner workes fine with cd in it but a s soon as I put a dvd in norhing works.

4. jomel

jomel Member

How I do a system restore?

5. jomel

jomel Member

oh now dvd shows up in nero..i don't know whats going on with that.

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Well the initial problem was with Shrink so is that working now? Try it with a movie you have burned before.

What would be good to have at this point is any error messages you might get.

When I mentioned doing a system restore that was assuming you have Windows XP. If you do have XP you can take your computer back to a point when things worked properly.

To do this, seleect Start, Control Panel, then Performance and Maintenance. Find the System Restore icon in the upper left corner and click on it. That opens the System Restore program. Choose "Restore my computer to an earlier time" and click Next. Choose a date from the calandar that you would like to restore your computer to and select Next. This starts the restore process. Just follow the on-screen instructions.

You can always "undo" the restore if it does not work.

This

7. jomel

jomel Member

I have win 2000.I tried to put different dvd movies in the drive but still nothing works.I try to put a dvd lens cleaner in the drive it won't read this eather.I don't know what happen 3 days ago it worked fine but now no disk is working in the dvd drive...please help

8. Buik

Buik Regular member

If you have not done it, might I suggest general system maintenance?

Spyware removal, virus scan, cookie removal, defrag..

TC

9. jomel

jomel Member

I just defrag..the other day and virus scan..but I have a question since I am new with all of this what virus scan and all that has do to with the dvd-burner??

10. jomel

jomel Member

I forgot to say that the dvd burner is external....but i guess that don't mean anything bec it worked fine before...

11. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

It is probable the external drive has failed or there is something wrong with the usb cable. At this point it would be a good idea to try it on another computer or take it to a computer shop and have it tested. How old is it? Is it still under warranty?

12. jomel

jomel Member

i bought it over ebay..so.I only used it a few times it worked fine few days ago_On the laptop it won't reconize dvd eather but it regonize cd's.

13. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

What is the make and model number?

14. jomel

jomel Member

HL-DT-ST DVD RAM GSA-4081B USB.(5.25 External Enclosure on the outside case)

15. jomel

jomel Member

by the way my computer has 4 usb's does it matter in which one I put the dvd burner on? If it matter how I know which one is the right one??

16. jomel

jomel Member

i just hooked up to the laptop one minute shrink open it one minute not....but when it does and the analize start it says shrink fail to read file in drive//F:..what does this mean??