1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by shenfo, Jan 2, 2005.

1. shenfo

shenfo Member

i ripped my southpark dvds using dvd shrink, so that i could mkae copies for backups. i played it on the computer to make sure it worked fine, and it did. i then burned it onto a dvd using dvd decrypter. i tried to play the dvd but all i got was garbled sounds and stuff liek that. the picture was fine but the osunds were horrible. also i could not use the menus and stuff like that. i already burned like 6 dvds and now theyre all wasted. what do i do?

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Don't have to shout so loud. *_*
    If the ripping was successful, try use other programs (e.g. Nero) for the final burning. If you like, you may try the Nero + DVD43 combination to see if it's any better. Also, try use a RW for tests.
    Good luck!

3. shenfo

shenfo Member

what does dvd43 do. i tried using nero to burn and it doesnt burn with chapters and stuff like that. would burning at a lwoer speed help

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Why not burn your copies with nero dvd copy facility?
    DVD43 takes away CSS protection & I think it overcomes region protection too.

5. shenfo

shenfo Member

i burned it with nero but the sound comes out all garbled. your saying i should rip it again with dvd43? i already ripped it with dvd shrink and its fine. im not sure what dvd43 does, should i burn it with nero while dvd43 is open?

6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

O.K., back to basics: You ripped with Shrink, and burned with Decrypter and Nero, both resulting in terrible sounds, right?
    May be you should install DVD43 (the free version), let it handle the region code and CSS problems in the background, then burn directly with Nero to HD and see if the results are any better (i.e. doing it all over again).

7. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I've backed up all seasons of SouthPark and Passion of the Jew. I used Shrink and Nero and I never had any problems. Maybe you have a bad batch of media. What I did on some of the DVDs is put no compression on the episodes themselves and left all the menus and extras on auto compression. Good luck.

8. shenfo

shenfo Member

i didnt change anything, since it wasnt working in my computer i tried it in my xbox and it worked perfectly. does anybody know why this is?

9. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Which software are you using to view the copies? Have you tried to use a different software?