1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jul-see, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Jul-see

Jul-see Member

I have tried several times with the guide for TMPGE-AVI to VCD recording...nothing has worked. I have followed the "project Wizard" and then tired to burn with NERO, but no luck.

Any suggestions how I might be able to see what the problem is???

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

What kind of avis do you have? e.g. those downloaded may be corrupted. Also, when you say 'nothing has worked', do you mean the programs could not even read the avis or failed at some point of the encoding and burning process?

3. Jul-see

Jul-see Member

They are .avi movie files,I have been able to watch them on my computer. After encoding it was a .mcf file? I then tried to burn it with Nero-Rom. I could see the movie playing in fast motion while it was burning. I tried to play it on my DVD player and it said invalid disk.
    I then encoded another movie it was a MPG, but the same thing occurred.
    I am a bit confused about encoding: Are you trying to encode the file to what format for VCD? MPG, VOS?

4. hursty

hursty Active member

shouldnt you be using nero vision express to create a VCD?

5. Jul-see

Jul-see Member

Would I still need to "encode" it first or does Nero express encode it and burn?

6. hursty

hursty Active member

NVE does everything.
    just select the correct the correct option
    you did want to create VCD right,not DVD?

7. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

I have a little program from BRVP Software called DivX Video Duplicator witch will do all the work for you ..... From ripping your movie probably not some of the new ones with the new encryption .... get yourself AnyDVD for those...... to some editing .... and encoding the movie to MPEG for you to make your VCD. It comes with an easy mode where all you have to do is name some folders as well as a pro mode which give you some options to work with. I purchased mine but have seen it availible on some file sharing networks a wile back. If you have the new Nero 6 there is a program there Nero Digital that I believe does the same though I have not played with it at all since I got my DVD burner. Hope this helps .....

Cheers

8. Jul-see

Jul-see Member

I did get the CD to play a movie I burned with NEROVision on my PC, but still doesn't work on my portable or standalone DVD player.

I'm getting closer, any other suggestions?