1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help...........

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by halfpipe9, Feb 26, 2005.

1. halfpipe9

halfpipe9 Member

I have read all posts and cannot find a solution to my dilema. I have nba 2005 on my hard drive which i downloaded as it was easier than ripping my original ps2 game (i thought). I now wish to put this on a dvd, however it contains 10 folders which contain a variety of file types including viv,big,bin,csi,rgb,mus,loc,adf,cfg,sys,ico. All of which i can not find references to in the forum. Can anyone explain how to get these onto a dvd so the game can be played. I have tried putting them all into one folder and asking dvdcrypter to read them all as one but there are several file types it does not recognise therefore failed.
    Yes i'm a Super Newbie and desperate for help.
    Thanx in advance

2. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

well just rip your original ps2 game since it will be easier.

3. halfpipe9

halfpipe9 Member

thats 2 easy, i prefer a challange :p

4. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

sounds like you need to rebuild the game, but since you have the original and all, i don't see the point in explaining it to you. Since you can just rip it with ease. ;) But in case you have, since your last post, "lost" your original, here's a hint.....CDVD-Rom Generator..........

Last edited: Feb 26, 2005
  5. halfpipe9

halfpipe9 Member

Malcdogg you were correct i just cant seem to locate my original copy, pesky kids, thank you for your help i will research your hint.
    hp
    :)

6. halfpipe9

halfpipe9 Member

malcdogg would there be a tutorial anywhere that would make things easier you may know of????

Thanks in advance
    hp
    :~/

7. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

This one covers it i think http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/127255
    You're gonna need to know the order the files were on the original disk to rebuild it. So unless you know someone with the original game, or can find someone who has it and will tell you what order the files need to be put on the disk, you may be screwed. (you know..i just looked at that "guide", i don't like it. PM me and i'll send you a decent guide.)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005