1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by james29, Mar 3, 2005.

1. james29

james29 Member

i am an absoloute beginner dvd ripping and i want to back up my dvd collection. i was given divx dvd ripper by a friend but it will not allow me to copy anything with copyright. what software do i need to be able to copy my dvds to a single dvdr suitable for dvd player use and divx dvd ripper any good?.(preferably free software as im skint). also, what is the difference between dvd-r and dvd+r? at the moment i have dvd+r but this site seems to mention dvd-r a whole load more.

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Use this link http://www.slysoft.com/en/ download the free 21 day trial.

use the software link at the top of the page download DVDshrink and DVDecrypter both free.

read some guides by ScubaPete and/or bbmayo, and make sure you use good media [discs]

good luck

gringle

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

As gringle has stated you need some help check out the link in my signature for some guides. The easiest one there is "ScubaPetes guide" I suggest you use that one and both programs used in that guide are free. DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter

4. hursty

hursty Active member

dvd shrink as suggested will remove the protection on most dvd,it will also compress it for you
    problematic dvd(difficult protection) can be ripped with dvd decrypter
    then shrunk in dvd shrink,
    use dvd decrypter as your burn engine
    dvd-r tends to be used more as it favours standalone dvd players a bit more