1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by queenie61, Apr 8, 2005.

1. queenie61

queenie61 Guest

i've copied a film to dvd but i can't get it to play in my home theatre system somebody please please help.

2. colw

colw Active member

Much more info needed if you expect people to help.

3. queenie61

queenie61 Guest

I used a dvd rewriter and copied a film I had on my PC, the dvd I copied will play on my PC but it will not play on my home theatre system, the tray just keeps ejecting the disk.

4. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

what is the filename of the movie?
    is it a downloaded one?
    what software are you using to burn?
    what DVD media are you using?

if its a DL movie then i bet it is an AVI file or an MPEG. if so you need to convert it to DVD format so that a DVD player can see it. your home pc can play MANY formats of movie whereas a dvd player can usually only run DVD and VCD

you can convert using certain software, nero can do it, cant remember the name of the app tho.. it's in the nero premium bundle.

there are also other types of free s/w. search for divx to dvd or something - there are some tutorials.

5. matt72

matt72 Regular member

since I'm a newbie not sure but I will give a try at answering your question. the nero application the prior post was referring to is nero recode2 bundled in the ultra edition. also 2 applications which are free are dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. Use dvd shrink and choose the re-author button at the top. choose the folder in which the movie is currently in...next hit the red button and it will change the movie file to dvd format. you can use dvd decrypter to burn a dvd that is compatible with most dvd players on the market. also the guides section has an excellent tutorial reguarding using these 2 applications. No disrespect to the junior, senior or moderators just thought I could put my 2 cents in.

6. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

nero recode is basically dvdshrink rebadged... the s/w i mean is NeroVision Express where you can compile dvds from downloaded avi, mpeg files etc and add chapters and menus.

dvdshrink is a great piece of s/w - very easy to use and does everything: ripping, compressing and burning (as long as you have nero)

check out the guides for more info