1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by msbammy, Jan 7, 2007.

1. msbammy

msbammy Member

Ive been using DVD Shrink and Any dvd for a couple of months now and up until 2 days ago I had no problems burning dvd's with these programs but my question to anyone. When I open my Any DVD it tells me my dvd burner is disabled and I have tried anything and everything i can think of to enable it again. If any one has any ideas on how I can get Any DVD to see that rom again please let me know. Cause I cant burn any dvd's without it. Its doing me any good to have paid for that program and now it not work after only a couple of uses. And when I enable Nero on DVD. Shrink it dont want to work either.PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

msbammy,
    Welcome to the forum. Try this go to Start> My Computer and right click it>Proprieties>Hardware>Device Manager. Now there you will see DVD/CD Drives. Click on that and you will see the burner. Right click the burner and you will see uninstall. Click on uninstall and then re-boot the computer. Windows should then install the burner properly and you should be good to go

3. msbammy

msbammy Member

Thank You I will try that

4. msbammy

msbammy Member

Ok I tried that and its still telling me the samething. I have 2 dvd burners and it tells me the samething for both of them. And when it does see it again what do I do if it wont burn the dvd?

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

msbammy,
    I want you to right click the fox head in the Taskbar and click exit as that should turn AnyDVD off. Re-boot and make sure AnyDVD is not running. Now see it the drives are disabled.

This is what I do. I rip the DVD to HD using AnyDVD and another program. I then turn AnyDVD off( exit in the taskbar) as I do not need it now and then process the movie.

6. msbammy

msbammy Member

What program are you using to burn the dvd onto a disc? because i was ising anydvd

7. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

AnyDVD does not burn a DVD as it only decrypts. In Shrink you either use DVDDecrypter, Nero, Imgburn

8. msbammy

msbammy Member

When using dvd shrink and i have nero enabled shouldnt it automatically open and burn the movie to disc?

9. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

If you set it up properly it will burn w/ Nero. Check you set up in Shrink to make sure you are doing it correctly. Below is a rough guide on how it should be set up. I found this guide years ago so I hope this helps and I have no idea who to credit for it but I think it was ScubaPete or either Cynthia

Set Up Guide for DVD Shrink 3.2 using Nero

1.Make a folder on the Desktop and name it Rip Movies

2.Put DVD Movie in your DVD-Rom or DVD-Writer

3.When Windows asks if you want to play movie hit cancel

4.Open DVD Shrink

Setup Shrink

1.Edit>preferences ( you can look at it if you want to but it is already setup)

2.File I/O> Burn Setting -check enable burning w/ Nero
    Click O.K.

3.Open Disc- click it ( Shrink will do quick analysis )

Copy Movie Only Method

1.At top click on Re-Author

2.Main Movie – Drag title to the left side

1.Compression settings

a.Audio- uncheck the audio you do not want ( I usually leave 5.1 )

b.Subpicture- uncheck any you do not want ( I usually uncheck all)

c.Video- Where it says Automatic Ratio click to Custom Ratio ( at the top you will see a Green Bar. Right below where you clicked on Custom Ratio is a bar. Move that bar to the left and you will see the Green Bar at the top move left and it will show some gray color. Make sure only 1/8” to ¼” of gray color shows (this keeps you from burning to the outer edge of the disk))

2.Backup>select target device ( make sure this is your burner )

3.Select Folder for temp files ( make sure this is the folder on the desktop you created Rip Movies)

4. You will see a Section at the top called Quality Options. Click on it and you will see 2 boxes :

a. Backup Quality settings- If checked you will now do a 2 pass encode

b. Compress Quality w/ high quality adaptive error compensation- you can now customize the sharpness of your picture

c. At the bottom right you will see “ What do these options mean: Click on that and PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU ARE GOING TO KEEP THOSE BOXES CHECKED.

Now Click O.K.

Now DVD Shrink does Deep Analysis and then encodes the movie and then automatically burns the DVD using Nero

10. msbammy

msbammy Member

it worked all except for now in burning window i get a "power callibration error" and then i have problems getting the dvd rom to open up. i have to completely restart my whole pc to get it to open.

11. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

msbammy
    You can try the fix below as it works for some. Also you need to try cleaning the lens by gently blowing compressed air into the DVD Burner. Also try using good quality blank media like Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden and make sure the speed is changed back to 4X. Once 4X is OK then you can try and go up to 8X but if 8X gives you errors then go back to 4X

1 click start
    2 select control panel
    3 click on administrative tools
    4 click on services
    5 browse your way down to IMAPI CD BURNING COM SERVICE
    6 right click (on IMAPI) then select properties
    7 in the middle of the window it will say start up type.click on the arrow to the right and select disabled.
    8 make sure you click APPLY

12. msbammy

msbammy Member

Car.Mike,
    THANK FOR ALL YOUR HELP . IT FINALLY WORKS THE WAY IT USED TOO!!!!!

13. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Glad you are finally up and running