1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by amvet, Feb 28, 2007.

1. amvet

amvet Member

Please help, i installed rip it for me, dvd decryptor, and dvd shrink, but i dont know how to burn the back up to a dvd... Can anyone help???

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

if you look at the top of this page and you will see a tab that reads guides, if you click on that tab you will find all the information that you will need to to make a backup of your dvd's, also welcome to afterdawn

3. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

amvet, I would also download DVDFAB Decryptor, and use it to decrypt DVD's, instead of RipIt4Me and DVD Decryptor.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Why? RipIt4Me was bypassing the newer copy protection when DVDFab couldn't. Over the past few months RipIt4Me hasn't fallen behind the other decryption software. So, other than your preference, why would a person need DVDFab Decrypter instead of RipIt4Me?

Amvet, there's some quick start guildes at http://www.dvdshrink.info that are good for getting users off to a quick start. If they don't mention Quality Settings, those are backup selections for better quality with higher compression. Check them when you need them. They're in the Backup options window, when you click Backup.

5. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

I have never had a problem with DVDFAB, and usually if one program cannot take care of a backup correctly, than the other one can. So what does it hurt to have two programs ready to use? And DVD Decryptor is no longer updated correct?

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Personally I don't think DVD Decrypter should be discussed as a viable program by itself for burning or decrypting. ImgBurn replaced the burning software and RipIt4Me is the upgrade needed to use DVD Decrypter for the newer copy protections. If you want to keep DVD Decrypter, istall the Ripit4me setup to finish the program. If not just go ahead and delete DVD Decrypter. By itself, it's obsolete. Here's the all in one installer someone came up with.
    http://www.snapdrive.net/files/60656/download/AIO_v3.0.zip
    If you already have Decrypter and Shrink installed you can get the RipIt4Me installer at http://www.ripit4me.org . The version of Shrink in the all in one installer supports imgburn.

You're right, having more than one program is a good plan. That's why I keep a few. LOL RipIt4Me (includes DVD Decrypter), DVDFab Decrypter, AnyDVD, DVD Region + CSS Free, and SmartRipper are just a few of the programs I have for copy protection. RipIt4Me is currently at the top of the list.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  7. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

@ PacMan777,

Yeah, but only one dvd Saw 3,
    the rest were as easy as sippin' on a corona

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

It's happened before. Fengtao is usually behind Slysoft and RipIt4Me any time a new copy protection comes along. Give them a week or 2 and they get there. I'm not putting DVDFab Decrypter down, the support is just a little slower than the others. None of the programs are 100% all the time, that's why it pays to have more than one. Right now RipIt4Me is my "#1" and DVDFab and AnyDVD are the other two. ;) Till the last round of copy protection AnyDVD had held the top spot.