1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by crzyant7, Mar 18, 2007.

1. crzyant7

crzyant7 Member

um i need a lil help tooo...my frend tried to softmod my xbox and now wen i turn it on it goes straight to the xbox live dashborad. I can still play games but i cant format my memory like i wunted to since i cant get to the microsoft dashboard. I just wunna be able to get to the normal dashboard nd i will be happy. Any suggenstions? i'm not a computer wiz so0o i reele cant take anything apart.

plz help

2. krkm120

krkm120 Regular member

which softmod did he use

3. steimy

steimy Active member

can it read a burned DVD, If so get AID 3.1 and reinstall the MS dashboard. Or just use SID 4.5 and re-do the softmod and then use AID to install the programs. with SID 4.5 you should set it for dual boot mode. This means when you press the power button you boot to the hacked dash that is on the C: partition (EvoX, UnleashX or other) and when you power on with the eject button it goes to the MS Dash (used for people who have Xbox Live)
    Each of the programs i mentioned comes with a PDF file that explains how to do the softmod and auto installs so it is hard to screw it up. One word of advice, do not put any dashboard other than the MS Dash and one hacked dash (the one you want to use by default) on the C: partition, put the rest on the E: partition, and do not put X_DSL on the C: partition unless you want i real headache. I say this as AID 3.1 has an install all option and most people say "yeah, that will be the easiest" and they do it....big mistake.

4. corn

corn Guest

Try turning on the Xbox by opening the Xbox Disk Tray.
    If you modded with SID-4.0, then it told you to select
    Knaves Disk Tray=Retail.

If you didn't do this, then use the game you installed the softmod, start the Linux save and select "Uninstall Softmod" and then re-install it.

If you didn't softmod like this, or deleted the Linux save, you will have to Hotswap (or something)