1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by martim10, Mar 29, 2007.

1. martim10

martim10 Member

I use nero to burn but lately when I play the dvd in my dvd player the movie skips. I cleaned the dvd player and the movie still skips. can it be the nero or my Burner?
    if its the nero should i upgrade it i am currently use nero 6

Thanks

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

It could be crappy media. What kind of DVDs are you using? Stick to Taiyo Yudens, Verbatims, or Sonys or Maxells made in Japan.

3. martim10

martim10 Member

well the brand is TDK. I was also told that it's the burning speed as well b/c I burn @ 16x but I was told to you use 8x it that true?

4. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

I wouldn't blame Nero, the skipping can usually be caused by several factors like:

Media quality
    Burn speed
    Media and player compatibility
    Using outdated firmware for your burner

-Try and use good quality media like sony, verbatim, TY's, etc.....look for made in Japan on the box.

-Stick to a burn speed of 4x or 1/2 the rated speed of the media you're using (ie..16x disks, burn at 8x).

-Make sure your player can correctly recognize and play the media used (DVD+Rs, DVD-Rs, RWs), see what the manual says.

-Make sure your burner is using the latest firmware release, updates add additional media compatibility and possible enhancements. You can check here for updates and download it if available: http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_search.php

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@martim10

Yeah those TDKs could be anything but I suspect the 16x version are not good media. And you certainly don't need to burn them at 16X as Johnl mentioned. Get yourself some decent media(as mentioned in my first post), and burn them at 8X if 16X media. You can identify those TDKs or any other media with this free program:

DVD Identifier

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

I bet they are CMC Mags.

6. martim10

martim10 Member

Thanks everyone for your help, What I did was call dell to see if there were any updates for the burner and there ware, so I downloaded it. Then I burned at 8x in a 16x dvd. When I played it back in the DVD player it worked fine.......Thanks

Now I have another question are Taiyo Yudens the best dvd's, if so where can I buy them, can any DVD player read them, and about how much do they go for?

Thanks in advance for you quick responce.

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

TYs are the best and Verbatims are almost as good. I use both. verbatims at almost any store. TYs on line at supermediastore.com and other places. TYs are a little more expensive.