1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Patro112, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Patro112

Patro112 Member

Is it possible to ftp a xbox with a labtop using the OS windows Vista?

I did all the things needed to make it work but nothing happens when i connect. On my tv screen it show the IP but i can't ftp it.

WHAT IS WRONG?

2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

You need to use a "crossover" cable not a regular CAT5 in order to ftp a modded xbox. You'll know if its a crossover if the wires within the clips do not match. Check your Lan settings. The ip address should be set to static (if youre offline) both your xbox and pc. The ip should not be the same as the ip on xbox. For example, if your xbox ip is 192.168.0.2 your pc should be 192.168.0.3

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

you can do it but Windows XP is much easier. Many people have reported having problems using various programs, such as FTP, when they switched to Vista. It is just not real stable yet and doesn't have near enough application support.

4. Patro112

Patro112 Member

i have a crossover cable

5. steimy

steimy Active member

If you hooked the crossover between the Xbox and laptop, set up the network settings on your Xbox and FTP program right. then it should work. Some people say that when hooking directly to the PC a strait through cable is needed rather than a crossover, so you may want to try the Xbox ethernet cord it came with is you have it.