1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by S_Snake, Jun 12, 2007.

1. S_Snake

S_Snake Member

I want to buy a swap magic but I am not sure what version I need.
    I have a fat ps2 the model number is SCPH-75001. So could someone please tell me what swap magic version I should get.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Are you sure it's a fat PS2? Perhaps it's a customized PS2 casing you have? Check here to make sure. As for what Swap Magic version to get, either is fine. If you wanted to boot up homebrews, exploits or whatever, perhaps Swap Magic 3.8 would be easier because of the add-on feature it gives you to boot off a USB drive, but you could also do this with Swap Magic 3.6 so there really isn't much of a difference between Swap Magic 3.6 and the Swap Magic 3.8 coder besides the addition of a cheat device in Swap Magic 3.8 and the option to force a screen resolution for NTSC and PAL games you can select in Swap Magic 3.8 too although this option doesn't work with all games.

3. Xomby

Xomby Regular member

i believe the SCPH-75001 (aka US v14) is the satin silver slimline one.
    so its not a FAT ps2. if it is, someone is lying to you.
    check the serial number sticker for "wear and tear" that would be evident if they swapped off the stickers.

unless its a factory refurb in a fat tank, crap...
    i doubt it would be, but you never know.
    only SURE FIRE way would be to rip it open, and take a photo of the guts and post it here.