1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by elizerroj, Jul 19, 2007.

1. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

whenever i burn AVI files to disc in my dell laptop and i try to open the disc to view or open those files i get the following massege.
    "windows cannot read from this disk. the disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatibe with windows"
    this did not happend a few weeks ago, i was able to burn avi files,read them from the disc that i burn, i was able to play them or just open them, what gives. now if i take that same disc that can be open in my laptop to my desktop, i have no problem openning or viewing it. i did a in clean up reasently and since

2. onya

onya Guest

So far you have been successful in burning(high quality media, burn at low speeds etc) The fact you have done a CLEAN UP recently, could be the cause of your woes.

What software did/have you used?

Did you save the changes to the REGISTRY that it made?(hopefully it asked you to do so)

Give us as much info as you can.

Cheers.

3. chopz23

chopz23 Member

i wouldnt say if u were burning burn at the slowest speed because then it can get a lil glitchy

4. onya

onya Guest

A very good point chopz23, yes burning at VERY low speed can cause it's own set of problems as you state. Not to confuse the issue I believe I said to burn at Low speeds. Anyhow we'll see how it all pans out when elizerroj posts back. Your input is most welcome chopz23.

Cheers.

5. chopz23

chopz23 Member

okay :D onya :D