1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by truejay, Oct 6, 2007.

1. truejay

truejay Member

Please can someone tell me why i get this error.
    after unbricking why do i get a blue screen with error saying to press o but it just restarts!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It is normal to get the blue screen telling you to press O you then should be asked to set your settings then it should be normal after that.

3. truejay

truejay Member

But pressing O just restarts the system and back to the same blue message and i believe it has something to do with 'cannot write system.dreg' which was just after unbricking!!

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

All I can suggest is try updating your Pandora magic memory Stick to Dark_Alex Despertar del Cementerio universal unbricker V3.

All this will do is modify your Magic Memory Stick files with this new updated unbricker version (This does not modify the Battery at all).

You will need a PSP that has 2.XX or above custom firmware capabilities.

Place the Pandora Magic Memory Stick in the PSP that is running 2.XX or above CFW.

Download this file HERE. Then extract it and drag the despertar_cementerio folder into the /PSP/GAME folder that is on the Magic memory Stick.

Now download...

1.50 EBOOT HERE and rename it to 150.PBP and drag it to the root of the Magic Memory Stick.

3.40 EBOOT HERE and rename it to 340.PBP and drag it to the root of the Magic Memory Stick.

3.71 EBOOT HERE and rename it to 371.PBP and drag it to the root of the Magic Memory Stick.

Now go to Game Menu Memory Stick and run Despertar del Cementerio (Make sure the GAME folder kernel is set to 2.XX/3.XX NOT 1.50).

This will modify the msipl.bin file that is already on the Magic memory Stick.

Now you can delete the 150.PBP and 340.PBP EBOOT files on the Magic memory Stick.

Try the new updated unbricker in your PSP now. Same as before add the Magic memory Stick and place the Pandora battery in your PSP.

Press X to recover to 3.71 M33-2 CFW.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  5. guano

guano Regular member

I'm sorry, but what does this have to do w/ the system.dreg? :/ No where in your post did I see any reference to it.

6. truejay

truejay Member

Basically when i unbricked my psp, at the end it said something like 'cannot write system.dreg and switched off. After switching the psp on i continously get the BSOD!! I researched a bit and i found out the system.dreg holds the settings data which failed to write. How do i fix this?

7. guano

guano Regular member

Well, if you keep getting a BSOD b/c of the system.dreg, you'll prolly wanna go into recovery mode, find where system.dreg and system.ireg are and replace them BOTH manually. (Just ask someone for theirs from a stock dump; these files are universal and will not hurt your psp if they are from someone else's psp) The reason I say both should be replaced is something that would take way too long to explain, but the two work *together*. So if you replace one, you should replace both. I think the system.dreg and .ireg are in f1, not f0.

8. truejay

truejay Member

I have another psp but its on custom firmware 3.52 m33-4 and the psp i unbricked is on ... well should be on 1.5 so would the registry files (system.dreg, .ireg )from my 3.52 m33-4 work on the 1.5?

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Did you try updating the above Magic Memory Stick like I suggested above.

There was someone else on another site that did the above step and it worked for them.

This is from read me file of V2 of the above unbricker...

It has been reported some cases of bricks in the previous version when pressing circle in the bsod, This seems apparently to be a bug in the sony firmware code.

To fix it, this version will copy the registry of the psp that created the memory stick.

10. guano

guano Regular member

Um, you can't go into a v1.50 PSP's flash. heh heh. So that won't work.

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you update to the above unbricker it should install recovery menu along with the 3.71 M33 firmware.

So even if the system.dreg doesn't write correctly you should be able to access recovery menu to access flash1.

12. truejay

truejay Member

After accessing recovery .. what can i do?

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You could go to recovery and toggle flash1 and copy the system.dreg and system.ireg from your 3.52 M33 to the 1 your having issues writing to.

You might not even need to do those steps if the updated unbricker fixes the writing system.dreg error.

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Let us no if any of this worked.

15. thisisken

thisisken Member

both method i tried not working however when using larryjie's method of the despertar_cementerio, it stucks at formatting flash1 and shuts off, so i may need help regarding this. i still cant get recovery menu as the installation is not complete...pls help

thanks,
    ken

16. wapak

wapak Member

after i run the "Despertar del Cementerio" it says that "error reading 3.71.pbp at root"

what does it mean?

what will i do next?

17. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

get another download of 3.71 and rename to 371.PBP.when i tried to make Despertar del Cementerio i had to look everywhere for a good 3.71 eboot.

18. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

I got mine from dl.qj and that was ok

19. wapak

wapak Member

i already did that, but it seems that i still have no luck on it. here did you got your 3.71?

20. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@chwoolgar

where did you get your 3.71 EBOOT from dl.qj because I looked and couldn't find it.

@wapak

The 1 I have listed above is off the Sony PSP site.

Try renaming the 371.PBP, 150.PBP and 340.PBP to just 371, 150 and 340 without the .PBP at the end (sometimes the extension is already there but hidden. So renaming it to 371.PBP it actually has a name of 371.PBP.PBP).

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007