1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

helping switching dvd drives on xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by tala832, Jun 28, 2011.

1. tala832

tala832 Member

hello everyone i recently had my xbox go to shit it wouldnt cut on, so i remember i had an old xbox that turned on but cd rom was broke so i successfully switched the drives and the old xbox wors now its just it only reads dvd movies not games. i found online that i need to get the key from the other xbox for it to work. can anyone help me on what to do? such as the whole process of getting the key and putting in on the drive so i can play games again

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Are you talking about the old Xbox 1 or the Xbox 360? If Xbox 360, what two drives (brands) are you using?

3. tala832

tala832 Member

1st gen 360 model on working drive is dg-16d2s and broken drive model is vad6038

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  4. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

The dg-16d2s is a Lite-On drive (working).
    The vad6038 is a BenQ drive (non-working).

Both drives have keys that match their original consoles. You now have a working Lite-On drive in a console that came with a BenQ, but the Lite-On's key doesn't match the "new" console's key.

(using Jungle Flasher) You have to extract the key from the BenQ drive, then spoof that key to the Lite-On drive,so that it will work in the BenQ's console.

Simplified: the drive & console keys must match.

Read Jungle Flasher's tutorial.