1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helpp me find a guide for "How to burn extras on second disk"

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by snorkel, Mar 14, 2005.

1. snorkel

snorkel Member

If a dvd is large and requires massive compression, then rather than shrinking it, I usually just burn the movie only in re-author mode to keep it at 100% or near there.

However, there are some movies where I would like to see the extras. You know, the making of, and the director’s commentary etc.

Is there a way to burn these extras on a second disk (I am sure that I do it just like if I was gonna split the main movie onto two disks, by dragging just the extras up).

However, I can’t find a guide walking me through this.

Also, I am assuming that there is a way to make this “extras” disk in such a manner that I don’t have to watch it all at one 4 hour block. i.e. menus?

Any help or being pointed to such a guide would be great (I have been looking for a guide, but the only kind that I find talks about splitting a movie ONLY onto two disks).

I am looking to use only dvd shrink and dvd decrypt if possible.

2. Grampaw

Grampaw Regular member

I frequently put the movie only on one disk, as you do, using re-author mode of Shrink. I'm not into scene selections, warnings, disclaimers, etc. - just give the movie and my remote chapter + and - buttons and I'm happy...

I then sometimes burn a second disk, with the extras complete with menus, simply by changing the movie title to a still image (a compression option) before encoding the movie and burning with decrypter. This is not a very eloquent approach, however, it does accomplish the objective of getting all the extras, with menu access, on a second disk without further compression.