1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helppp!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Rudeboi, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Rudeboi

Rudeboi Member

Well i left my computer on and one of my family members logged me off windows while i was running TMPGEn and so the encoding was closed...i still have 2 files from the encoding...i was wondering if i cause continue it...thanks!

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

the only possible way to continue the encode is to use 'source range' to make tmpgenc start encoding from where you left off and then merge the individual mpegs together....easier said than done of course.

IMO its more trouble than its worth, you may as well start again....it would be a less tedious job to start again anyways

goodluck

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

You can do this trick: if the input movie was an AVI, the 'Select Range' will be calculated @ 30 fps. If it was a .MPG, the 'Select Range' will be calculated with the correct fps (23.976, 25, 29.97).
    Loading the output incomplete movie, keeping the setting tou choosed (PAL/NTSC/NTSC Film, VCD/SVCD/DVD) when you made it, TMPGenc wil show, when encoding, [bold] Progress [....] x/F [/bold] where F is the total number of frames of the incomplete movie.
    Therefore you just have to encode the input movie from F+1 to -1 (end-of-movie) keeping in mind that, if the movie was an AVI, you'll have to multiply the number for 30/FPSo (FPSo = FPS of the output movie you're making) o obtain the correct F to 'select range' with.
    Then you'll just to merge the new 'F+1-end' movie fith the '0-F' movie with File___MPEG Tools__Merge & Cut (Type = what you was doing: MPEG-1 Video-CD or MPEG-2 Super Video-CD; NOT the .M2V DVD file, if you selected it).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005