1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

helpppppppppppppp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by anand_, Aug 4, 2007.

1. anand_

anand_ Member

i have psp v3.71...and no umd disk....i recently downloaded 300(game..)what sud be done to play the game in my new psp????

2. anand_

anand_ Member

sorry....its..3.52

3. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Sorry, but you can't play any downloaded games, only psp's that are version 1.50 or a custom firmware can play them. And only psp's that are up to version 3.50 can be downgraded to 1.5 and have a custom firmware installed.

4. anand_

anand_ Member

THANKS...THATS REALLY BAD NEWS...SO WHAT CAN BE DONE????ANY HOPES...????AND SUGGESTIONS APART FROM BUYING THE UMD'S..WHICH ARE A BIT EXPENSIVE..!????

5. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

you can either buy a modchip, or sell it on ebay or find a friend who does not care about which FW they have on their psp and swap...

don't upgrade any further, and hope (not that it will do much good) that a DG is released sometime in the next year... :(

6. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Well, the only thing you can really do is keep this firmware (don't upgrade any more when new firmwares come out), and then wait for a downgrader to come out for a higher firmware.

Though you may be in for a long wait, possibly 6 months or more :(

EDIT: bu22ard beat me lol, but yes, you could also trade for a friend's psp, if they don't know about iso's and homebrew etc, then they won't mind a higher firmware.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2007
  7. anand_

anand_ Member

hmmmm..thanks for yer support..:)....and
    there is a thread which says...i can run .iso's in this firmware...any truths...???coz am not being able to...!!..the psp simply is unable to detect it...!

8. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

No, it's untrue, though they may have been refering to the custom firmware 3.52 M33...

9. anand_

anand_ Member

okey...so theres a difference between custom firmware and firmwware?????
    and the one i downloaded was from a torrent which said-->custom firmware 3.52 m33

10. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Yes, the people that make that custom firmware (Team M33) have designed it so that you have the same abilities from firmware 1.50 that let's you play iso's and the official firmware 3.52 which let's you play all the latest games. It's like the best of both worlds, but you can't install it unless you can downgrade to 1.50.

11. anand_

anand_ Member

well well well.....i had firmware 2.8 or 2.smethn...!!i downloaded this firmware.....!and i could upgrade it with no probs.....so what probably cud have happened????

12. anand_

anand_ Member

or is it bcoz i upgraded without downgrading?????plz help...!

13. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

You used the 3.52 M33 updater on your 2.X PSP???

That sucks, if you'd have downgraded to 1.50 first then you would have 3.52 M33 :(

14. anand_

anand_ Member

curse myself for that...but i had no idea....!!!!is there no way out now...??coz the firmware's created by team 33....????or do i have to wait for six more months as u guys said earlier...!!???thats real bad..!

15. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

The 6 months thing is just a guess, you can never know when a new exploit will be found, it could be sooner, it could be later.

And there's no way to change back what you've done. So like me and bu22ard suggested, you should try and swap for a mate's psp, and get one with a lower firmware, if you do, just ask me (or anyone else) if you're not sure how to do the downgrade to 1.5.

16. anand_

anand_ Member

hmmm...anyways thanks a lot guys...will get to you guys as and when required....!thanks for the support...!!