1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here is why Audio goes out of Sync...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by cellon, Apr 1, 2003.

1. cellon

cellon Member

I have given this a few goes without success, and finally figured out why my audio always seem to play around 1-2 seconds ahead of the video after a certain amount of time, usually halfway through.

When extracting a VBR mp3 from the divx file and creating a WAV version, it ends up 1-2 seconds shorter than the actual film.

Anyone who has done this before knows that in order to create a svcd u need to extrac VBR mp3's into wav to avoid errors in svcd process, so the problem is not in TMPGEnc, as most like myself have suspected, the problem is in the mp3->wav conversion where the file ends up a tad shorter and this in turn takes its toll when being interlaced with video once again, where out of sync is innevitable...

so now the problem is known, let's find a solution, i am atm trying to figure out how i could extract the audio the way it is and convert it to 192 CBR mp3 at the least and see what happens, anyone comes up with ideas, post them here...

2. spliceboy

spliceboy Member

try using CDex to convert the audio file from VBR to CBR and go from there.

3. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

or just use DVtool that fixed my problem. when I split the file with TMPGEnc the audio was ahead so I used DVtool and for some reason no more problems