1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

here!!who support blue ray and hd dvd---

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by dvdlover7, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dvdlover7

dvdlover7 Guest

BLU RAY:
    blu-ray is led by soney and supported by Apple,Hitachi,LG.Dell,Samsung,sharp,sun Microsystems,HP,TDK,Mitsubishi and Panasonic, and includes movie sudios such as Sony Pictures, 20th century fox,Warner Bros., Disney and Fox, Warner bros. and Paramount have afoot in both camps, though--announicng they are also supporting HD DVD (they alsway greedy)..

HD dvd:

HD DVD is led by Toshiba and NEC, and supported by Intel and Microsoft, supporting studios include Waarner Bros.,New Line Cinema,Paramount Pictures and Univeral Pictures..

after this information,, now is up to you guys and girls to choose which drive (blu-ray or hd dvd) will be use in your home theatre?

2. Adamontar

Adamontar Member

I will probably have to buy both blu-ray and hd-dvd, as most of my fav tv shows are spread on both formats.
    Although I know that hd-dvd have the same build like normal dvds, two pieces of plastic glued together, as the data is more dense any scratch is likely to make the disc useless.
    Blu-ray has that anti-scratch layer on the surface, althouh the data is only 0.1mm from the surface its likely get damaged, or the reflective layer get oxidised. Both blu-ray and hd-dvd use alluminium thats a major drawback, why cant they use gold.
    Also I will never buy any format in which the movies you buy, cannot be backed up, cause I only watched my backed up copies of films.

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2007
  4. mark3349

mark3349 Member

I have both BD and HD