1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here's a strange one!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by fcasillo, Dec 20, 2004.

1. fcasillo

fcasillo Guest

I had a backup of Tiger Woods 2k5. It played fine, but it was getting a lot of use, so I decided to back it up. I kept getting red errors with decrypter untill i noticed a scratch near the edge. I used one of those cd repair thingies. The disc looked like new. I put it back in decrypter and it read with no errors. So, here is the weird part. The new backup doesn't work, and the original backup will not let me play in normal game modes!! The options are still there, but they are kind-of "greyed-out". You cannot highlight "Game Modes". How can repairing a disc possibly remove options? Anyone ever have this problem.

2. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

When you say doesn't work what exactly do you mean. Does it start up and then freeze or just not boot up at all? What media did you use? I don't know about you but my decrytor is really messed up. I reads the iso images fine and when i write the image to disk it seems like everything is going great. I get the messege operation completed successfully. However the operation doesn't complete successfully because i am still left with a blank dvd-r. I burned the same game with nero and problem solved. You can try burning with another program.

3. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

try to press L1 at the option screen, i always do that to play Game Modes. bboy_flex for dvd decrypter have u tried unchecking the box next to Test Mode??because it doesn't burn when the box is checked.

4. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

I cant believe it, the box was checked. I dont know how it suddenly became checked. Man thats a pretty stupid mistake.

5. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

why don't you just buy the back up game for $3.00 and get it over with

6. fcasillo

fcasillo Guest

Winning 11, thx sooo much. L1 works!