1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here's my Problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by stabilo, Nov 12, 2004.

1. stabilo

stabilo Member

I was trying to change the laser on my PS2 and pulled out the DVD ribbon. I reconnected it but now my PS2 won't turn on. The red light shows but the blue doesn't. I have a feeling I may have damaged the DVD ribbon. I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas as to work may be wrong? Many thanks to anyone that can help. I've gone a whole week now and I'm starting to go insane with boredom !! :)

2. ps2h8r

ps2h8r Guest

hey this happend to me all u have to doo is take the ribbon and reattach it on to the side of your dvd tray in a slot ,very small but reachable just have a look around and u shud find it,hope i help bye.

3. kevinmark

kevinmark Guest

my problem is everytime i open my ps2 its always green light and the blue light doesnt come up

4. M13

M13 Member

did you disconnect any other wire or anything make shure everything is secure

5. stabilo

stabilo Member

I eventually gave up trying to fix the problem and took it to an expert. I had to get a new motherboard as something had blown on there. It's going fine again now.

6. ps2h8r

ps2h8r Guest

wat expert did u take it 2?