1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey anybody know anything about stand alone dvd dupicators?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by batman820, Mar 31, 2005.

1. batman820

batman820 Guest

Can they be modified to back up my commercial dvds??
    Thanks for any help or advice.

Batman

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Google for "Macrovision Remover" :)

3. batman820

batman820 Guest

Thanks BB Ive been snooping around a little and I have a 1 to 1 dvd duplicator its a Pioneer 16x 1 to 1 stand alone dvr 109 dvd duplicator. Is the macrovision remover hardware i need to install to it or a firmware i need to upload? Sorry I am so new to this.
    Batman

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Are these hooked up to your PC? Do you use your PC software to use these duplicators? I'm sorry I didn't understand your original post but now I do. If these are standalone DVD duplicators not hooked up to your PC then I am afraid you probably arent going to be able to back up any original DVD movies. At least not to my knowledge?

5. batman820

batman820 Guest

Yeah I was afraid of that it is a stand alone duplicator no pc required. Was hoping for some kind of flash update that I could put into it. But I guess I just got a very expensive portable cd burner.

Live and Learn,
    Batman

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

All is not totally lost. You could remove the Pioneer drives and hook them up in your PC.