1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey anyone figure out how to play ISO files from hard drive?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by megabyte2, Jan 29, 2005.

1. megabyte2

megabyte2 Guest

This sounds basic but I havent found a good program to play movies that were ripped with DVD decrypter. Is there something wrong with me?

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Playing .iso's from the Hdd is easy. All you need is Deamon Tools or Alchohol 120%. Deamon is free, Alky has a 30 day trial. Once you've downloaded and installed the program, just mount the .iso on one of the "virtual drives" that the program has. It should autostart, then you can choose what method to play it with. If not, just open your viewing software and choose the drive that has the image mounted on it "you can change the drive designations through the options menu of both programs".
    I keep my virtual drive high like x:\ y:\.... that way I don't confuse them with physical drives that I have.

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

4. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

most dvd players open iso (powerdvd, nero media player, windows media player etc) you will find that the player u use to play discs will also open .iso

5. Noobia

Noobia Guest

Hey, Where would i go in how would i get to play my iso in windows media when i go to add to media library it wont let me drag it onto it

6. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Windows Media Player > File > Open
    In open window
    Files of type: Media files [all types]
    Change to.
    Files of type: Any file [*.*]
    Select .iso file and play ignoring the extension warning.
    Do you want the Player to try and play the file?
    Check Don't ask me again for this entension.
    Yes.

7. Noobia

Noobia Guest

thanks for the help but when i go to play it i get that mesg i put ok and it says playing but the bar doesnt move or nothing it just sits there no picture
    no why?

8. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Because of the DVD play structure of that DVD, you may have problems playing the ISO file with Windows Media Player. It may work for some and not for others.

That is why I use VLC Media Player listed above.
    The Navigation feature on the Tool Bar will allow you to get past any problem like that and play any part of the DVD.

9. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

megabyte2,

READ THE FORUM RULES!!!!

I know I told you forum rules states start a new thread, but I also answered your question. So this makes it a multipost.

RE: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/152959

Notice Veblin mentioned videolan as well. Also you can use daemon tools http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/daemon_tools.cfm ... mount the ISO and use what ever program you use to play dvds.