1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey anyone having trouble with "Deadwood" disk 4?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by megabyte2, Apr 12, 2005.

1. megabyte2

megabyte2 Guest

Hey im having trouble with Deadwood disk 4. I tried using decrypter (latest version) and shrink (latest version) as well as other NOT very popular "other" programs. I seem to have alot of bad sectors although the disk is mint. I used Decrypter to rip the disk to the hard drive and got the files however all the video files are rather poor and pixilated. I was wondering if any smart people out there have had success with this movie. Thanks

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Deadwood's an HBO show right? On every HBO series discs I've tried to copy I got pixellated copies. Bad too, not just a little. These were like the first 3 seasons of the Sopranos and the first 2 or 3 seasons of Sex and the City. FOX shows were the best (Family Guy, Simpsons, Futurama; maybe that was because they were animated though.).

TV show series discs have problems more often than movies because when there's 6 titles on the disc that are all about the same length, the software has a hard time figuring out what the actual "movie" is and doesn't distribute the compression the way it should.

3. megabyte2

megabyte2 Guest

I only had trouble with the deadwood disk 4 all others were easy and trouble free. Disk 4 had packet errors, what that really means I dont know but the final result was pixilated playback. Im sure its something that an upgrade to decrypter can solve and I just have to be patient until that happens.

4. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

I just did that whole series with no problem , watched it and I cant tell the difference, I used AnyDVD and Shrink, did whole discs but stripped out everything except the 5.1 sound

5. megabyte2

megabyte2 Guest

Hmmm I wonder if my version of disk 4 is bad, plays ok in my DVD unit? Argh

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Probably a bad original. It'd be odd for them to use a different type of protection on just 1 disc out of a 4-disc (at least) set. Have you tried tweaking DVD Decrypter's settings like ScubaPete says to? That might help.

7. megabyte2

megabyte2 Guest

Yeah I thought the same thing (about two different copy protections in one series) being a weird idea. Funny thing is I tried 4 different programs all had similar results of failure. Since I already own the original I dont know how I would legally try other disk, the original plays fine in my DVD player so I cannot say its defective to the store where I bought it although technically it doesnt play in my laptop and 99% of the time I make a copy for the road so I dont lose the original in some hotel. I guess it is defective and must be returned. As for tweaking the settings I havent tried that before as I have never had a problem with over 1000 movies tried so far well I take that back I had monster troubles with "little black book" so I returned the original to best buy as defective, if I cannot copy it I dont want it!

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

can you rent it? Since you do own the original, to make a backup of a rented copy of the same disc shouldn't be illegal.

9. megabyte2

megabyte2 Guest

Well it would be nice to know if my original is defective in someway. Since some of you had 0 problems with deadwood and we are all using the same software it stands to reason Im either doing something wrong or I have a bad source disk. With 1000 titles successfully done I would say its the source but we shall find out.