1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey guys, first time here

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Jim_Smith, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Jim_Smith

Jim_Smith Member

hello everyone, I must say this site has been quite helpful with my ps2 burning needs. Anyway I've been searching around the forums looking for answers and have seem to be coming up dry. My question and well is this. I am using DVD Decrypter as reccomended by you guys, I use it to read the ISO and to burn the ISO with my DVD writer on a DVD-R. I am using a V5/V6 PS2 witha solderless mod chip installed with Swap magic 3.

Now when i go to run my backup with swap magic 3 it tells me that the backup is not a valid ps2 disk. Could anyone offer any consenses into what i am doing wrong here?

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

What swap method are you using? Fliptop or slidcard?

3. Jim_Smith

Jim_Smith Member

neither..all i have is the solderless modchip installed and the swapmagic disks. i need the slide card or fliptop dont i?

4. Jim_Smith

Jim_Smith Member

neither..all i have is the solderless modchip installed and the swapmagic disks. i need the slide card or fliptop dont i?

5. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Oh hmm, yah, you shouldn't even need either of those with the solderless chips actually.

As long as the modchip is working right, WHat media are you using to burn your backups on and what speeds?

6. Jim_Smith

Jim_Smith Member

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

hmm, there's an option near the bottom right of Dvd Decrypter to change burn speeds. Sometimes 8x max media doesn't go down to 1x or 2x. (Which are the best choices to burn at)

8. Jim_Smith

Jim_Smith Member

i realize i sound lieka real newbie here Dragula and i do appreicate the warm welcome youve given me to this great website.

So to copy my ps2 games and burn my ISO's all i need to do is use DVD Decrypter and burn at 1x speed? by the way i see the option to change the write speed now, thanks for the heads up

9. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Yep, that's all you need to do for virtually every game.
    If you want to have online play working for the online games, you will need to do a little extra work, but in general that's all you need to do.