1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey guys, got a burner question. sony burner

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Chin4, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Chin4

Chin4 Member

hey guys

I have been checking out the site for a little while and I have just started backing up my games. I was a little late in starting....lost xcom ufo defense for psx.

I had thought about backing up earlier..but just dismissed it until one of my brothers drunken friends happen to pull out my xcom game..sit it on the floor to put in another game...and later stepped on it.

After that I bought a dms4 modchip and installed it.

My question is about burning at slower speeds. I have a Sony Internal 16X, Dual Layer DVD+/-RW +/- R, Model DRU720A burner and it only lets me burn at 4x for dvd-r. (slowest speed)

None of my games encountered any problems until I backed up star ocean 3. Occasionally I get "disc loading" popups during fights in the game. I was concerned that maybe the laser is working too hard to read it.

Currently Im using some cheaper media, but every other burn has been fine. I backed up all my anime and a lot of dvd's with it before I even started backing up ps2 games. Currently I have burned over 170 dvd's (mostly older anime that is hard to impossible to get anymore) And I have not had one coaster.

Any input would be great. I havent upgraded the firmware due to reading about how if you get the wrong one it could destroy the drive.

Thanks a lot for any input on ideas. I am open to buying better media for only backing up the ps2 games but the stuff I have now is fine for my anime or dvds. Currently im using Teon (which isnt great, but havent had a problem)

2. hursty

hursty Active member

dont use cheap media for ps2 games,they are not like movies,they are more picky
    use good quality,u should be fine

3. Chin4

Chin4 Member

thanks for the reply on the media. Ill try it using better media. If anyone else has the same type of burner and has had luck burning at a slower pace, any input would be great.