1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey im kinda new at this. any suggestions??

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by austin420, Sep 13, 2007.

1. austin420

austin420 Member

hey well im new at the whole modding nintendo ds and shit. i have modded my psp quite well and i enjoy playing but i would like to know iof there is a way to mod my ds kind of like my psp. so is there any kind of ds hacking right now and if so plz fill me in thx...

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The DS scene is alot easier than the PSP, no worrying about firmware etc. All you need is a flash cart of some kind, the most popular being the R4 due to it's relativly low price, ease of use and good feature list. I'm currently using a G6DS Real as my main cart.

Basically as soon as you have the cart you can run what you like, homebrew and games etc. Some homebrew allows PDA features, other music and video etc. (though if you have a PSP you really don't need video on the DS) Most homebrew is simply drag and drop onto your card, most flash carts now auto-patch the homebrew to recognise where to read/write files so it's all pretty much automatic.

There is not much in terms of firmware hacking like the PSP, you can replace the firmware with a completely different one called fwnitro but it is not great so not many have done so. Another firmware is FlashMe, which is just an edited DS firmware that removes the Health and Safety screen, and removes the RSA checks for Download Play, it also adds a secure region for recovery should anything happen to your firmware.