1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, New to the 360 Scene. Help...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dvdking10, Oct 7, 2007.

1. dvdking10

dvdking10 Guest

Alright im complete new to the xbox 360 scene. i want to flash my drive but i want to do so without having to open my box. This is possible correct? I saw this thing on modchip.com, that is called a xeno top gear. Has anyone used that? Could i possible use it to flash my drive? Also when you flash your drive then your 360 is capable of backing up your own games right? Thanks in advanced for your help guys.

2. budro

budro Regular member

no, it's not possible. you'll still have to open your xbox to install the xeno top gear. so if you're going to do it still, i would just do it normally without the top gear. that and you need to know what brand and model dvd drive you have

3. dvdking10

dvdking10 Guest

ok well i have a Hitachi Lg. how do you find what model you have?

4. budro

budro Regular member

you'll have to open up your 360. the model number is on the sticker on the drive

5. dvdking10

dvdking10 Guest

ok, well another thing what does flash mean? does it mean that you can play backups of your games. like if if flashed my drive i could play a back up of my halo 3 correct?

6. budro

budro Regular member

correct, all flashing does is re-program your dvd drive to read backup games