1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey theridges I need help please

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jontracey, Jun 3, 2007.

1. jontracey

jontracey Guest

I bought the x360 USB and I hooked up everything correctly. Why is my drive not recognized?

2. Usfgeek

Usfgeek Member

You might want to explain a little more as to what your trying to do.

3. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

kfirst start off with ur using the x360 usb adapter right with connectivity kit v2 right
    ok now u do need to go through ur set up
    like r u using the molex connector from ur pc
    now what version of hitachi drive do u have
    and also is the mode b button on the back of the connectivity kit down on the back of the connectivity kit u will get a blue light to say u r in mode b
    have the mode b button down and the eject button up (off) switch off ur pc and start it up again if its blue its in mode b but once windows picks it up then its deffinite in mode b
    u culd try as windows is loading to press the eject button a couple of times just as windows is loading but once windows has loaded then make sure the drive is closed ok

4. jontracey

jontracey Guest

I am using a molex connecter. My firmware is 59. My drive is a Hitachi LG. I still need help. Where exactly do you look to see if it is in mode b. And also I went under device manager and the usb mass storage said X360. But when I go onto my computer it doesn't appear. Whenever its connected DVD Drive K comes up. The opposite when disconnected. When I click on it it just says insert disc.

5. TupacFan

TupacFan Member

you can tell that your 360 is in mode b when you press the disc open tray button and then press it again to close it but it wont close. it is in mode b when you have to press the disc close button twice to close it. if it ejects automatically after you have closed it that is good because it means that it is in mode b. to keep it closed you need to press the disc tray close button a third time while it is closing.

6. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

k what do u mean dvd drive k comes up when ur connected that means its in mode b and ur computer has recognised it thats the letter thats been assignes to your hitachi drive mode b shows up on the connectivity kitv2 u press the mode b button down and the light changes colour form red to blue i think it is
    well if drive k appears and u know thats the name of urhitachi 59 drive then thats what u flash mate

go to the firmware right click and you know what to do there its posted up everywhere

anyway the connnect kit v2 when u have them mode b button down then it changes colour u cant miss it on the back of the connect kit
    and if u find that u have a drive kthat all of a sudden appears in windows then thats the letter thats assigned to ur hitachi mate

i dont exactly know what u mean cuz from uve said u got a drive k and why u clicking on it u dont put in any disk mate

7. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

and now ive re read urpost
    u have it in mode b andall u have to do is go to where evau put ur firmware and right click on the xlg folder and type the usual to flash it and k is ur assigned letter for ur hitachi so make sure u use k mate otherwise u miht end up messing up something k
    u shuld wait anywaymate for the new i extreme for hitachis well if u dont go on live then just use that latest 1 for hitachi