1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, What's Up? :-)

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Dela, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Hello :)

I just came back to the forum after a break and wanted to find out whats up with everyone lately? Thats a whats up to everyone now, newbies, jr members, members, senior members, addicts, moderators and admins :) and is [bold]NOT[/bold] limited to your computer life, you wanna bitch about your gf/bf/sheep go ahead! :)I'll start.

Heyyy, I'm in school, about 8-9 months away from finishing. Hopefully then I will be on my way to Waterford Institute of Technology :) I aint got much to bitch about at the moment but I'll get around to it :) I have some new plans coming along, one of which is my own site which I have started working on, just layout and whatever that will be kinda concerning how files are traded on the net and what exactly is going on + a little bit of digital video (how could i leave it out??). That project however still remains nameless so if anyone has any suggestions then please share them with me :) I'm on IRC more now so come along and have a chat :) No point in coming in, then leaving like a lot of you have been doing recently, we dont bite unless we have to ;-) Also just sso u know i love my ikle angel samantha *mwahh for samantha* and petteri i love you too man....... oh wait, i wasnt supposed to say that was i? hehe just kiddin man :p

And a big hello to my fellow forumers, Darthnip, Praetor, Herbsman, Oriphus, Rotary, UK_MEWZ, Toiletman, Prisoner, Hazza, VCD (i miss u man:(..), Paul (aka loaded), Shoey, Oner, minion, homerj, Kligy, Powerdup, Nik, Alex (mrsheen03), Phantom, ABMone, Ketola, dRD, CD-RW.ORG etc etc if i left u out of the list dont worry, i remember ya, just got bored of typing names :) _X_X_X_X_X_[small]http://www.BillLonero.com - Check out a true artists music!

aD channel on IRC: rod.liquidirc.com #ad_buddies
    Newbie IRC Guide- http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/47221[/small]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2003
  2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... all nighters in the computer lab are poooooooooooooo :p

3. Phantom

Phantom Member

Hey Dela,

Hmm well enjoying football season. Watching Georgia Tech trying to keep their game.

Just finished up my Internal medicine rotation and trying to study for the second of the three national board exams I have to take.

Heading to Savanna Georgia for a week vacation at Hilton head. I will be leaving for that in a few hours. Looking forward to getting a little golf in and just relaxing..

My brother left for New York last weekend.. Little bummed he is gone but really happy he will be a New Yorker working as a stock anylist. Probably visit him in five weeks.

Other than that dad turns fifty in a few days. Wow is Thanksgiving already a few weeks away? Geesh this year has flown by!

That's been Life for me lately!!

4. Praetor

Busy busy arent we? :p Dang i hate how that is.

5. alntht

alntht Guest

I'm just trying to get on this forum more often to learn everything I can...OK, I'm dodging work and school. But that's OK, right?

6. Praetor

Dont i know it! lol

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hey Dela was wodering where you had been recently. Been watchin much soccer. I have my week all planned out :D

Monday: League and Champions League review at 11.pm till about 2.am
    Tuesday: Champions League if its on - Then Major League Soccer (2am onwards)
    Wednesday: Champions League if its on - then NFL
    Thursday: Brazilian football, then my favourite Argentinian football (river plate won last night :D :D :D)
    Friday: Major LEague Baseball
    Saturday: Premier/division1,2,3/internationals - later some Spanish football
    Sunday: Premier/division1,2,3/internationals - later some spanish football

On top of that i am trying to do my 13 hours a week at university (my second degree :-() as well as four days soccer training for qeens university belfast. to make matters even worse, i tore ligaments in the back of my knee last night and now im out for atleast a month :-( :-( :-(

Thats about all thats up with me :-D I havent been out drinking or spending much time with my girlfriend with all those tasks lol

8. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Praetor, what did i tell you about paying attention in class?? BOLD BOY!! *SMACKKKKK* :p

Phantom, Ye man, sorry I didnt get to say goodbye on IRC but I'm not the only one who uses the computer here you know? it kinda sucks that everyone seems to want to use it when I get into it, u know, when u get completely out of reality and for a while, u are at one with your computer and best buds? lol

alntht, YAY a new name! lol and of course its fine to dodge work/school for afterdawn, i do it all the time :) hehe

Oriphus, shit man, I'm too busy for soccer I aint got a clue what is going on anymore and to be honest I dont care. Although I will go out to watch the Irish game tomorrow! :) I already said it but I'll be in university next year in W.I.T hopefully, was there on Thursday and saw the IT part, WOW is all I can say, its like a whole massive building dedicated to just computers and fun stuff :D and when i say massive, this is like a whole university in just one of about 10 buildings and they are still building lol! So hopefully my leaving cert results will get me in, which I'm sure I'll do quite well in :)

9. Praetor

Goddang! Lucky you! *Praetor is jealous*

10. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Glad to see your still around Dela. I have been very busy my self. I know you will get into what ever University you choise.
    Orphius, 13hours!, 13hours!. When I did my Undergrad I had 36 hours a week, and now I considered 24/7. I try to keep it down to 80hours a week, but can get crazy. Things have been working so I haven't been posting in a long time. When work works, I spend most of my time working. When work is not working, I work on other work projects. Say that 10 times fast.

Good Luck too all, and remeber Sleep is for the Dead. What dosen't kill you, only weakens you untill you eventually Die. (oh the optimus I am).

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - My first undergraduate degree was 24hours a week first two years and 21 the last year. Average in the UK for BSC courses is around 8-10 hours a week. Mines not bad :-D

12. Praetor

hehe much wisdom in that :p

13. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

The minimum number of hours per week at University of Waterllo in Science was about 20. The Arties had 10 to 15 and the Engineres had about 30. I took 7 and 8 credits per term, so I had around 36hours a week. One year I had 10 exams in a 15 days, that was fun. Yes I am very crazy, but all you know that by now.

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Engineering courses are like that. My exams are normally about 4 of them every semester. I know people doing 8 though. This year i have 8, but they are spread out between now and January which is good. One a week today :-(

15. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Yay, I'm in Dela's fellow forumers list!! The only thing I have to bitch about is how buggy and unnecessary Steam is.

16. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Steam is good to remoisten day old donuts.

17. Praetor

Unless we are referring to different University of Waterloo's the approximate cap per term (measured in credits) is 2.00. Anything above that typically requires a course override form (hehe I just had to fill one out last week).

You say you take 7-8 credits? Only 36 hours? I goto 8 classes and I already breach the 50 hour mark. What kind of classes are we talking about here?

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - IM interested in this reply :D

19. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

University of Waterloo, Waterloo Ontario Canada
    I graduated from Biochemistry Biotechnology option. I was tring to get a physics minor at the time so loaded my self up. I missed it only by not having E&M, oh well. Five years was long enough for me and I would have needed to stay an extra term. I knew Dr Brubaker, who liked me and I never needed a form. He knew my marks and let me be crazy.

If we are talking same Waterloo, what is it like there now? What program are you in?
    I am at University of Toronto Now, not bad but I miss the small town feel.

20. Praetor

Yep same Waterloo! I'm in Software Engineering ( http://www.softeng.uwaterloo.ca/ )

The current general cap is confirmed at 2.00 credits per term with individual courses averaging 0.50 credits. Anything above the theoretical 2.00 limit requires a course override form.

The only exceptions are for like, Engineering programs where nobody gets to choose courses untill like friggen 3A anyways so the program directors usually slot in a crapload of course with no overrides or nothing.

For us... life is harsh :p ... only 6 classes this term though. I'm auditing 2 more (hence the 8 classes). With that load I breach 50 hours a week of lectures and 100 hours if we pump in studying. Add 20-30 hours working on the weekend and life becomes slightly 'compressed' :p Other than that, its still a cheerful place .... not enough girls in our program though :( (as of yesterday, less than 9%)

E&M is cool... until it gets overwhelming with the friggen triple integration grrrrrrrrr .... anyways... when did you graduate?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.emule-project.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2003