1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi all I have one realy strange problem with my PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by vsub, Apr 10, 2007.

1. vsub

vsub Member

When I'm playing games on DVD+R everything is ok but when I start another game that is on DVD-R the PS2 just won't boot it,I try to restart,turn on/off the PS2 but nothings help,the only thing that makes the PS2 to boot DVD-R's after I was playing DVD+R's games is to push the PS2 on the left side of it and then turn on it.After that any other DVD-R game start normally till I insert a DVD+R game and the DVD-R's are not working again...

I don't have ANY problems with DVD+R games I only have problems starting DVD-R games after I was playing DVD+R games

I have modded v10 PS2(SCPH-50004a)with modchip Nemesis Pro and also have a laser protection(decreased voltage on the laser driver chip LA6508(Romeo Mod))

2. steimy

steimy Active member

i have never heard of that problem before, or the chip that you have.
    It may be either the chip or laser fix causing the PS2 to act like that.

3. vsub

vsub Member

I don't have any problems with CD's or DVD+R but it's just the first time I start a DVD-R game if the last game was on DVD+R the PS2 won't boot if I don't(DVD-R game) but if was a DVD-R game it will boot it....???

It's just some unknown problem between DVD-R and DVD+R

4. steimy

steimy Active member

well, an easy solution would be to recopy the games you have on DVD-R to DVD+R and then you will not have to worry about it.