1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi any one know the best areal and digital box and where to get for new signal coming to Ireland soon thanks soon

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by hicone, Jul 13, 2011.

1. cactikid

cactikid Active member

was that the older triax combo that had the problems,this is the newer one with latest firmware and guess what power city had the older and dearer one and the latest is cheaper and i bought the latest one also got the aerial and hard drive for recording also.think they have a number of different makes shown online.

2. rubadub12

rubadub12 Member

Cactikid
    I think it could have been an older model as the comments on boards.ie were dated last year.Did you get all your gear in Power City?Can you still get teletext with this set up and is it possible to split the dtt signal.If you could give me the model no.s of the Triax box,the indoor aerial and the hard drive I'd appreciate that.

3. cactikid

cactikid Active member

yes all gear bought in deansgrange,last years box was bigger and had bugs,new box has just
    3 blue lights on left of model so i dont have to look at display.
    i had posted the model number above on previous post and i use an iomega 1tb hard drive with added power with 13 amp plug and a one for all indoor aerial,others are also suitable.yes it has teletext as in mheg5 never used it ,i suppose you could split it not tried as each tv has its own aerial which will be removed when the main one gets wired up then will just use the old ntl cable lol

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  4. rubadub12

rubadub12 Member

Thanks Cactikid for the info especially the p.m.When you get to my age a picture speaks a thousand words.I'm going buying tomorrow and will let you know how I got on.

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

good luck with what you get m8