1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi.Can anyone tell me about the program to convert dat format(VCD) into mov or avi format?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by curtisluk, Jun 3, 2001.

1. curtisluk

curtisluk Member

Hi. I am a newbie to multimedia.So anyone knows which software can be used to convert .dat format(VCD) into .mov format? I would like to capture a part of movie of VCD into a .mov file that can be used in internet?I found some programs for example, ulead video studio and adobe premiere, do not support .dat format file.Although I can capture the screen shot by using GIF animinator or power DVD, I don't know how to capture the audio too.Also, is there any software to be used for creating music?I mean you can use it to create your own music, not sound editing.
    Thanks a lot

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Even that VCD files are with .dat extension, they're really just MPEG-1 files with some specific data within them, but all of the programs that support .mpg format are able to read .dat format as well.

So, just pick your favorite tool, whatever it is (like something from Adobe), choose "Open file" and from file dialog, select a file type as "All files" and pick the .dat file and you should be ok after that.