1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, can you guys post some reviews of the Fliptop version 9?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by JGmhz, Jan 23, 2004.

1. JGmhz

JGmhz Member

I've read through the afterdawn forums, and they're great! I was hopping some people can post some of their experiences with a PS2 version 9 Fliptop. The fliptop sounds pretty cool and I was thinking of getting one for my v9, how do you guys like it? THANKS!!!

2. Jaster02

Jaster02 Member

I just got my Fliptop cover for my PS2 v9 and it works great, if you get it from PS2COVER.com the minor alterations kinda suck, like triming 2 screw points down and drilling a small hole for the infrared sensor so you can use your dvd remote. Other than that works like a charm.

3. Jaster02

Jaster02 Member

Also i suggest if you are going to be playing CD-R rips or copies, to get Breaker Pro v 1.1 along with the Swap Magic DVD 2.0 and then let me know so i can email you a File called DVDLoader that will allow you to play CD-R based games on the PS2 v9. Without the DVDLoader you cant play CD-R games with the Flip Top. I found out about it from PS2OWNZ.com. Its a Converted CDLoader v7+ That makes it possible for V9 and V10 owners to load CD-Rs too. = )

4. JGmhz

JGmhz Member

Thank you so much for the great info! I read that there is a fliptop for the v9 that requires no or less modifications to fit correctly (http://www.ps2case.net/index.htm). If your fliptop works with your v9 successfully, I may want to purchase one from the same company you did. I'll check out PS2COVER.com, THANKS! I also read something about using swapmagic 3.1 for the v9 do you know what that is about? When I order my fliptop which version of swapmagic should I get? And thanks for telling me about DVDLoader. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Thanks,
    -JG[/small]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2004
  5. DrisDro

DrisDro Member

ps2cover.com is a joke

6. JGmhz

JGmhz Member

Oh, it is? Maybe I'll research some more, thanks. Do you have any suggestions?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Thanks,
    -JG[/small]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2004
  7. DrisDro

DrisDro Member

i dunno of any other places but i'm sure there's enough that u can choose another site besides that one, i ordered a flip top mod, swap magic 3.0 and breaker pro on january 1st and i just got the breaker pro 2 days ago, lol nothing else just the breaker pro, the place is a joke, then i call the number cuz they dont answer ur e-mails and they say that they just work on credit cards and stuff for the company cuz there based out of asia or some shit, the lady was talkin out of her ass and i really couldn't stand to listen anymore so i just said whatever and hung up, hopefully someday i get my other things

8. jojo999

jojo999 Member

i bought for ps2cover.com and wanted to cancel it but 2 days after I sent the email to cancel it, they said they shipped my order....I did get it after 2 weeks though but yea it sucks.

9. Jaster02

Jaster02 Member

i didnt have any trouble with PS2cover.com, the only bad thing which isnt that bad is that they ship from Hong Kong, but i got all my products unharmed and in mint condition. So say what you will, i was pleased. And i got my packages within 2 weeks.

10. JGmhz

JGmhz Member

WOW! Thanks everyone! This information helps a lot! I'll checkout other places and try to figure out what will work best for me. If anyone else has some places to reccomend let me know.

11. touhif

touhif Guest

Hi the best price i found was for 29.99 shipped at www.consolemaniac.com they had that item pretty cheaped being shipped and all. Try there out i bought it from there and it came to my house with usps priority believe or not. It took three days from them to me. And it was the offical cover.

12. JGmhz

JGmhz Member

Cool thanks for the link, I'll check it out. How about a good store/site to buy the new swap disc for PS2 V 9-10?

13. touhif

touhif Guest

same place i think

14. viper8437

viper8437 Regular member

trust me on this one...order from www.ps2fliptop.com

got mine from there right on time in 2 days
    a fliptop for a v9 with swap magics discs that work
    everything works perfectly....no modifications needed

15. touhif

touhif Guest

no, trustme i bought from this repeatly and recieved in two days trust me