1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi I'am new and need some help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tcdck, Mar 19, 2005.

1. tcdck

tcdck Member

Hi this is my first time here and need some help trying to burn my dvd down to a dvd-r and even trying to burn it down to a dvd+r but cant seem to get it.I downloaded the dvd decrypter and I have nero. I run the decrypter and then run my nero to burn it but nothing happens it acts like its burning it down but then when its all done the dvd disc I burned it to is empty can someone help me please and tell me what iam doing wrong please.

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

3. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Your house.......try not to "burn that down".

dvd-r and dvd+r are the same size. It sounds like you're thinking one is larger than the other.

4. tcdck

tcdck Member

Thanks Gringle I'll try them sites and hopefully I can get it finally.

Iam not worried about burning my house down lol just didnt know what the difference was i heard the dvd+ were better disks is all so wanted to try either to see which 1 would burn and it didnt matter cause I seem to not beable to get either to burn down for me lol thanks all for the help.

5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

When Nero finishes, it should ask if you would like to save a burn log. If you could post that then it would give us something to go on.

If you are not using Nero Recode2 then more than likely your DVD files are too big to fit on your blank disc. You have to compress the movie or remove enough stuff to make it fit on a DVD-5.

Try downloading DVD Shrink. DVD Shrink will open the correct burning program for you.

You can get Shrink at my site. Guides are posted there and at bbmayo's site. Look them over and you will find that the basic process is pretty easy.

Edit: If you do post your Nero Log, remove your serial numbers. Just copy and paste the log into a reply without the numbers. Those numbers are at the top of the log and usually start with 1a23- or something similar.
    Frank

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005