1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi...Im asking a noobish question.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by hakfu, Feb 13, 2007.

1. hakfu

hakfu Member

Hi all. ok this is gonna sound stopid but please be gentle. My psp is 1.5 and i have Devhook 0.52 installed on it. When i load up dev hook and select a firmware and a iso (mortal kombat) and devhook is about to restart, theres a black screen with some text in the top left corner, which im assuming in normal, HOWEVER my psp does not restart emulating the firmware...it jus turns off :-/. Now i really don't know whats wrong with it but its ticking me off. I should be really studying but this has been hurting me head. Any suggestions are welcome:

Ps. First i thought it was me 4gig memory card (which im sure is a fake...thank u ebay! As that took ages to load) so i purchased a 2 gig sandisk and tried it on that, and still no dice...Can anyone recommed anything (btw me friend did the devhook thingy, so i really dont know what to do), Thanx in advance

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

did u flash the config files?

3. hakfu

hakfu Member

Oh sorry but i forgot to mention that i can restart me psps, and that it is not bricked (yet). Again thanx in advance...:-]

4. hakfu

hakfu Member

No. I dont know what u mean. Me friend put all this devhook thingy on it, cos im a total wuss (i didn't want to brick it). Arn't the config files all set? how do u change them?

5. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Ok if i were you I would install 3.03 OE-C and then u can play ISO's without devhook. U can launch direct from XMB. Do a little searchin/lookin around. You'll find plenty of info.

6. hakfu

hakfu Member

God im not very bright. Ive jus seen ur auto installer. Dude u must be like a genius. I had a hard enough time downgrading. Are them recoverary files a seperate thing altogether? U have to put them on after u upgrade to 3.03 OE-C? Sorry for acting dumd...im born like that :-]

Btw which 1 do u have 3.03 OE-C? or 3.10 OE-A or 3.10 OE-A2? Thanx in advance bro...

7. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

I run 3.03 OE-C, I like my mods for the XMB (in sig). Anyhow you dont have to install recovery files right off the bat. If u partial brick and can access recovery menu, you can install them then. all the winstaller's are separate. I dont know if you seen the note in red but there is a bug with the screen, it disappears when it starts installing but comes back when it is finished. That will be fixed in next release. All winstallers are separate.