1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi, ive got a 2.71 version, not sure where is best to upgrade to.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by didz04, Sep 2, 2007.

1. didz04

didz04 Guest

I have got a psp on 2.71, i am not too sure where is the best to upgrade to. I wanted to maybe upgrade to 3.52 m33 or the 3.40 OE-A. I have been reading on what every1 is saying, but according to one of my cousins, which knows way more than me says that 3.40 OE-A is better.
    Can someone help me out please, and tell what is the difference to both of those versions.
    Can someone give me a link for a website or something, for me to download the upgrade to 3.40 OE-A from a 2.71, coz ive got the files for the 3.52 m33.

2. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

ok first of all you need to downgrade to 1.50 first
    3.40 oe and 3.52m33 are almost the same except 3.52m33 is the newest one and has more features and a better no umd feature just search google and you should find what you need

3. didz04

didz04 Guest

cheers m8 tht has helped me a bit more on my decision on which one to upgrade to, yeah i have already got the files to downgrade to a 1.50, so i will be doing that. are both of the versions able to play games and put softwares on the memory card and play them?

4. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

yes they are both the same on homebrew and other stuff like that but with the 3.52m33 if you put update 4 on after you put the 3.52m33 on e.g. 3.52m33-4 you will have a built in umd ripper so you can backup all you umd games and videos onto your pc via usb then you can play/watch them from your memory stick plus as i said it has a kicka$$ no umd required driver

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  5. didz04

didz04 Guest

Thanks u have helped me alot, last question i wanted to ask, what are the chances of my psp getting bricked, when i downgrade it to a 1.50 and when i upgrade it to 3.52 m33?
    Thank u soooooo much........

6. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

theres very little chance if you follow all the instructions,when downgrading/upgrading make sure your battery is 75% charged and connected to the charger and that reduces the chances even more,i have downgraded and upgraded a fair few psp's and never had a brick,so just follow all instructions and all will be fine good luck and let me know how you got on

7. didz04

didz04 Guest

sorry for delay of answer, but yes it all worked out fine lol.
    i downgraded it to 1.5, then upgrade to a 3.40 OE-A, i took the easy installer for the 3.4 so less chance of getting any bricks.