1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi newbi and need help with NERO Please

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jets4life, Nov 5, 2004.

1. jets4life

jets4life Guest

Hi I have baught Icopydvds3 and DL dvd43 but then went out and got a sony internal dru150 the first time i started backing up my dvd's it took 1 hour now it takes over 2 hours. I have Nero but don't know how to use it. Any help you guys can give would be great. I tried to the copy disk but it won't break the css even though i have dvd34. Thanks for any help
    jets4life

P.S also with the my backuped dvds they play on my dvd player and playstation but on stum they seem to skip anybody have the same issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2004
  2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The total backup time depends on many things. First there are 2 different sizes of dvd movies discs. DVD 5 discs are single layer and usually need no compression or at least very little. DVD 9 discs are dual layer and always need compression and will take almost twice as long. Depending on your system specs, this may be 30 minutes for single layer, 60 minutes for dual layer (estimates) or could mean as in your case 60 minutes single layer and 120 minutes dual layer. Again these are estimates. A few things that you can check: In device manager, check your IDE channels are set to DMA not PIO. Turn off Anti-virus software, and any other programs that auto start on bootup. Do not surf the web , play games, or multi task while doing the dvd backup. Making a dvd uses most of your systems resources. Speed isn't the most important thing, getting a good copy that plays is. The skipping problem is usually due to poor quality blank media. Try using a good well know media like Ritek or Verbatim Grade A blanks.

Jerry

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I forgot to mention that you may want to download and try DVDShrink which can be set up to auto burn with Nero. Get the download off the Software tab at page top and then read the guide for Shrink with Nero off the guide tab. This is the most popular way of making a DVD backup. Shrink is a FREE download and very easy to use.

Jerry