1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi! noob need help on running iso/homebrews pls!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by psfbmax, May 14, 2007.

1. psfbmax

psfbmax Member

hi! may i pls know how do i run the latest games, especially monster hunter freedom via iso? i have a psp ver 1.5 which was previously downgraded from 1.6x i think. i didnt do the downgrading so i'm not very sure. it is a region code 1 with 2gb memory stick.

thanks a lot! ^_^

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Well you need to update to custom firmware. I recommend 3.40oe-a. You can get the easy installer here:
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1134

Then place your ISO's in the ISO folder in the root of the memory stick.
    And Homebrew in the game150 folder.

3. psfbmax

psfbmax Member

oh ok! so do you mean that i can just directly update to 3.40oe-a? does it update like an official sony patch? does 3.30oe-a require any homebrew like fastloader to play iso games? and am i able to further patch 3.40oe-a in case sony comes up with more protection for future games?

thanks man!!!

4. psfbmax

psfbmax Member

hi again! i was browsing tru the site and i found the recovery patch already, haha...

btw is it advisable for me to use this http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1132

instead? thanks!

5. staxx

staxx Regular member

For the easy installer all you have to do is connect your psp to your computer then run the easy installer and it will place everything in the proper locations. Once its done disconnect your psp and scroll to game > memory stick > 3.40 oe-a update. Click on that and it will upgrade your psp to 3.40 oe-a. Once the installation is complete i suggest reformatting your memory stick.

When sony comes out with newer firmware do not use the sony upgrade because you will not be able to get back to using homebrew unless a downgrader is released (and a downgrader hasnt been released since 3.03) However Dark Alex usually creates a custom firmware in accordance to sony's updates so just wait for that it is usually released anywhere between 1-5 days after sony releases a new firmware.

You will not need any homebrew applications like devhook or fastloader while your on custom firmware because all that stuff is obsolete now and the firmware itself loads the iso, cso, and homebrew apps, etc. All you have to do is drop your iso and cso files into your iso folder.

6. psfbmax

psfbmax Member

oh... but is it advisable to use this manual updater http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1132 instead? the difference in file size is a lot, 180kbs and 18mbs... why is that so?

7. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

because the 180 kb prog generates a file that is big. The easy installer already has the file

8. psfbmax

psfbmax Member

ok. thanks yall for your help. :)