1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Rotary. I am back. Same issue :-(

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by carbonite, Apr 8, 2005.

1. carbonite

carbonite Member

I thought this issue had been resolved awhile back. It had not. I was mistaken. I have not been back here for awhile as I had been moving house and also working on Virus and malware issues with other pcs.
    Now I can spend more time on this issue...

The system I am using is a P4 2.4gtz, main board is P4S533MX REV 1.
    A PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-105, 500meg ram running Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1.

I cannot burn anything at all anymore. Not CD,DVD, data or what ever.
    The Process starts but will not end. Usually when the process gets to the actual point of burning it will stop.
    I have used various software to see if any work. None do.
    A message I get from B`s recorder Gold software is the following..
    ATAPI error. The wrong ATAPI command request was published. Drive error No:51057203.

This all came about when I had burning issues.
    A brief history of what had been done.
    I have uninstalled the IDE controllers.
    That did not work, so I then uninstalled the IDE main controller.
    Still no go So i tried updating them.
    I really wish I had not.
    As the main controller IDE looks very different in appearance now. Confusing I know, yet I do not know how to describe it. They even have slightly modified names.
    The First was a `PCI` IDE UDMA controller.
    Now it is a SiS 5513 IDE UDMA controller.
    The IDEs came from the Asus-SiS support site. The IDEs are SiS.
    I have searched on Goole by the error number and came up with zip.

Thats all I know at this point.

Can anyone help with this?

CR

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Have you tried the drive in another system to rule out the possibility of your drive going bad?

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

That 105 may be dead, RIP. I paid less than $70.00 for my 109. burners are very affordable now. I'd also try the opposite of what BB suggested and try a different burner in your PC. LOL Sorry,sniff.

4. carbonite

carbonite Member

Sorry,

I should have mentioned that yes, I have tried the Burner in another system and it worked like a charm.
    I have tried other types of media. Top brands. Most made in Japan. Some Taiwan based. Cdrs and DVDs but none work within this system.
    Yet will work if the drive is within another pc.
    Bloody irritating. LoL.
    Something in the back of my mind recalls, perhaps, files being changed or dates were changed to the day I installed a copying/burning software. I cannot remember if it was DVDcopy or something like this.
    When I view the ASPI with Nero toolkit it says the dates of the files are March this year. Yet I have not intentionally updated these. I wonder what happened there or is this normal when installing programs such as DVDcopy or DVDclone etc.

I did not mention this before as I wanted to be more accurate. However... it lloks grey at the moment so why not.

Regards

CR

5. Veblin

Veblin Active member

I had something similar happen to me about 6 months sgo. Sorry I don't have any real easy fixes for you.

I normally have a VIA Bus Master IDE Controller. I don't remember what happened, but it got uninstalled and somehow a SiS 5513 IDE UDMA controller got installed.

That controller did not work and everything I tried failed to return it back to the VIA Bus Master IDE Controller.

After several day's trying and no luck getting back to the correct controller, I just cleared my Windows partition and did a complete reinstallation of Windows XP. That did work.

6. carbonite

carbonite Member

hehe.. that is not inspiring to hear. :)
    I have no XP cd to work with.
    Yup. We have three PC`s in this House. ALL XP home. NONE have a single XP disc or driver disc to support them. Not even for the hardware installed.
    Note. These are not my PCs..:) Buying from the store in Japan has some strange experiences. You should hear about all of the Banner ads and advertising programs that come bundled with your off the shelf system here. Your eyes will fall out. Serious.

Well, thats all for tonight.

Regards to all,

CR.

7. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

I had a similar problem with my external dvd drive. I tried everything from going back to a restore point, reinastalling all the drives and even speaking directly to the company. We both decided it was best just to get a replacement. Hope your warranty is still good.

8. carbonite

carbonite Member

No. No warranty. But I assure everyone, the DVD unit is okay. It works in other PC`s fine. Not a problem at all. There is something wrong with the communication between the DVD drive and this operating system somewhere.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Have you tried a system restore back to a point when you know the drive was working?

10. Gringle

Gringle Guest

OK call me paranoid, but I think in your last question, was the answer,
    there's a growing gap between the program, and the add on's..

11. carbonite

carbonite Member

No good. As I have turned system restore off to take care of Viruses, malware etc.
    Just been cleaning the system thoroughly. Had a few buigs here and there unfortunately.
    Still trying to catch this VX2 in the system.
    No, I have a feeling as I posted above something is wrong with either the ASPI or the ATAPI part of the system.
    I installed a software and when checking the ASPI with Nero toolkit I noticed that the dates were changed to the same day I was checking it. Strange as I had not updated the ASPI at all.
    So I suspect something going on there.
    Yet I am not sure what to do about it.
    Or, I could be wrong.

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I'm not sure, but I have noticed one thing Rotary has stayed away from this thread... Hmmmmmmmm I wonder why?

13. carbonite

carbonite Member

Yes. :-( I noticed. I wonder why also. Perhaps I have done something, not quite right.
    Well, I will continue to battle it out :)
    Thanks for all who posted.

CR.

14. carbonite

carbonite Member

This topic was first submitted under the name GpFever.
    I had lost my details and had spent time trying to find the thread in the forum.
    Now that I have found it, it is possible to go back over what was done.
    Sorry for any confusion for whom this applies to.

I will post my next result or findings in hope anyone could help if needed from then on. Or if I fix it, then the remedy.

15. carbonite

carbonite Member

Latest result is I now can burn DVD and CDR.

I am not entirely certain what I did to rectify the problem though. Maybe a combination of things.
    How ever, I used this guide to check the ASPI.. http://aspi.radified.com/ Which was posted by `Noqoilpi` within my very first postings under the Tag/Nickname of GpFever.

Moving forward,
    I then used the guides and went over the ASPI checking it.
    Trying the newer version, I had problems again.
    Basically, I began by trying different approaches.

I could not get any to work so I tried what was left and that was to instal the ASPI version 4.6 by using ForceASPI 1.7
    I am glad it finally did work with ForceASPI.
    Then I also uninstalled the channel which the DVD drive was on and also the main controller. Just to eb sure things were reset.

Following the previous posts in GpFever and combing through it again Somehow I have fixed the problem.
    Without knowing Exactly what was wrong.

I believe the issue may have started with some or 1 of the burning softwares I had previously installed. Trying different types. Some were trial and some not. But during that time I had noticed that the date for the ASPI had changed. To around the time I had been installing these other softwares.
    Perhaps whatever version that was installed by whatever company that made it was just not working with Nero or the burner.

Well, thanks to all who have helped and posted here and in the previous thread under GpFever.
    I have gained a little more knowledge from all of this :)

Regards,

CR