1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi! There's something wrong with the file's sound.. What should I do?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Kakoru, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Kakoru

Kakoru Member

Ok. I have a few files that I want to put in my CDs but the problem is the files itself. For some reason, it doesn't work on my DVD player....

When I put it in VirtualDub, it says "No audio compressor could be found to decompress the audio format".

The thing is, when I play it on my computer, it works perfectly but not on my TV (dvd player).

Does anyone know the problem?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

How are you Putting these Files on to CD???
    What Audio Format is in the AVI files???

3. Kakoru

Kakoru Member

I use Nero.
    And how do I know which audio format it is? How can I find out?

In some splitters, it says the audo codect are not good and the sound couldn't be detected or something. Im guessing it has to do with that right?

(sorry for the n00b question)

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

So I suppose you are Makeing VCD"s or SVCD"s??
    Quality wize Nero is the absolute worst program for Encodeing AVI files to Mpeg1/VCD Format but it is easy so noobs use it.....

The Problem is Probably that the audio in your AVI File is either VBR MP3 or Dolby AC3 which is not supported By many Programs...

If you PM me with your e-mail address I can send you a Dolby AC3 Codec and a Simple program that will Uncompress the audio in your AVI file to a Format that Nero will Read....Cheers