1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi whats this ip adrees mistake?

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Maryela3, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

Hi everybody i was going to put this thret in the suggestion forum but the i found that it will be better in this forum
    Im having this constantly error when i want to login from my home
    Its says Ip adress Mistake
    bal bla bla about my banner
    And it has been like dat since 3 months ago your sayin that youre going to fix the problem whats wrong
    i hope somebody fixes this problem or is it really a big problem?
    if it is well sorry but um ints pretty annoying
    that when i always want to login from my home i cant so i need to came back to school and use theri system pleaze help somebody i will be glad if they fix that error
    thanks for eveything
    au revoiur for the moment
    Marie...= }

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

That's a problem most notably apparent with AOL, as AOL don't give a flying X about W3C's standards, etc. Our system works in a way that once you login, we store your IP address to our database. Then every page you load when you're logged in, your user ID will be tested by checking whether your IP is still the same you used when you logged in. If not, the system kicks you out.

Now, problem comes from AOL. Their proxy system distributes HTTP requests to hundreds of proxy servers, each sitting in separate IP address, thus every page you load, will come from different IP address and they don't send the HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR variable that would tell us that's still you who's accessing the account.

3. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

thanks boss
    What do you recomend me to do shall i change to another internet company, can i do something by myself to fix this problem are you going to fix it and dop something to afterdawn.com thanks again
    and bye bye for da moment

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Have you tried using any other browser other than AOL's own, such as Mozilla or very basic IE? I remember that this issue related more directly to the AOL's browser rather than the connection, but I can be wrong.

Anyway, we have a preliminary plan in place that would solve this issue, but it will take few weeks until we roll it out, so you don't have to worry about changing the ISP because of this :)