1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Hide Corrupt Icons' Not Working...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by SHandEMan, Apr 28, 2007.

1. SHandEMan

SHandEMan Member

Hi, I'm on 3.40 OE-A and a few days ago the 'Hide Corrupt Icons' feature was working like a charm, there wasn't any corrupt icons at all. But for some reason, today it stopped working... I haven't disabled it or anything... I checked and it in recovery mode and it was definitely enabled... I thought maybe something had gone wrong with the firmware, 'cos I was messin' around with .rco's n stuff ya see, but I did have my original ones backed up. So I put my backed up ones back on and... nope. The corrupt icons were still there. So I thought, well maybe if I downgrade all the way back to 1.50, and then do a fresh install of 3.40 OE the problem would be fixed. So I did... and then I came back on to 3.40 OE-A and it kinda semi-bricked, came up with 'Internal Error - Code "Something Something"'... But I switched my PSP back on and it came up fine... weird. So I tried it again, I had a look in the game folder and wadda ya know, it STILL SHOWS THE CORRUPT ICONS!!! ARGH... I've tried formatting the memory stick aswell but that didn't seem to solve the problem... Can somebody who knows a lot about custom firmware and stuff please tell me what I should do now??? Thanks in advance. :)

2. SHandEMan

SHandEMan Member

Sorry to bump but, I wanted to ask a different question aswell, is there a way of totally erasing my flash0 & flash1 before updating to an OE version??? I want my whole PSP to be, yunno.. clean.

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Your putting your files in the wrong places on your memory card.

4. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Too bad theres no way to turn your PSP on after that... pretty dumb question. Updating to 3.40 OE-A just overwrites everything in your flash0 and flash1, and writes new things.

5. SHandEMan

SHandEMan Member

I've tried putting them in the GAME340, GAME and GAME150 folders.
    They all do the same thing...

Lol, sorry :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  6. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Then the files are missing the EBOOT file. So they come up corrupt instead. Set your kernal to 1.50 and put all your files in the GAME150 folder.

7. SHandEMan

SHandEMan Member

I've done exactly what you said... Still shows 'em... Must be sumit wrong with the EBOOT.PBP then... Just one more question, if updating overwrites everything why are my settings still like they were, like the clock speed is set to 333mhz like it was b4... or is that stored sumwhere else???

8. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Your CPU clock is in your system it isn't a file. Once you change it, it stays that way until you change it again. So it stays at 333 until you change it. And i would bring it down to 222 because it shortens your PSP life.

9. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

do u mean it will kill ur psp? i thought it just eats ur battery faster