1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hide network update

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ng2007, Aug 23, 2007.

1. ng2007

ng2007 Regular member

is there a way to do that i am on 3.52 m33 i dont want anybody to update my psp to official fw

2. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

No, you can't do that but what you can do is set a password on your router because you need an internet connection to update so if you use a WEP code which only you know, no one can update unless thet know it. Contact your internet provider to put or change your WEP code.

3. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

It wont update..period, You'll be able to download the update-however if you were to try and run the update on your psp-you will get the DADADADA error...The network update feature is blocked on custom firmwares...There is also a prx file out there that you can put into your flash0-and when you click "network update" it will just reboot your psp...I am running 3.40OE, so I dont know if its possible yet to edit your topmenu_plugin on M33 cfw's as the theme compatibility is still lacking-but in any event, this is what mine looks like:

[​IMG]

So when I click the icon that used to say "network update" it will reboot...If I hold down the R trigger button while doing so, it will go into recovery mode....Very nice!

4. iPirate

iPirate Regular member

Phew, first post in a long time, I have FW 1.5 and I used X-Flash to make the Update button, disabled so nothing happens when I select it. Let me know if you need any links to it

5. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Welcome back old friend....I havent seen you around in forever-except for in the archived threads...A lot has changed since you've been gone!

6. iPirate

iPirate Regular member

And it's all coming back.

7. ng2007

ng2007 Regular member

well it woulb be great if u could provide me with the liks to it

8. iPirate

iPirate Regular member

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/947

here is the info from the page,
    Filename: X-Flash V17b.zip
    Size: 1.63MB
    Downloads: 2,338

Description:
    Art's firmware modification tool supporting both FW 1.50 and 2.71 SE. Modify certain firmware behaviour to be unique & cool! X-Flash V17 changes:

* Auto checking for incorrect PSP registry version at startup. User is kicked if a 1.50 registry is present in a 2.71 SE firmware installation, or vice versa. A prompt is given to restore registry settings in the XMB menu.
    * Implementation of custom coded '6AM Sample Player'. Sound effects are resampled louder and clearer. Sound sample files are built into the program EBOOT.
    * Mikmod audio library is now used soley to play demo music.
    * Startup file checking sequence is faster since there are less external files to validate.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

And please use at your own risk as it writes to the flash and that from what I remember if written too, too many times may die

Mods, hopefully I can post to outside links, haven't posted here in a while.

9. sphynx630

sphynx630 Regular member

Excuse me dEEz_nUtz but how did you do that? I would like to do that on my psp and would greatly appreciate a link or something. Also can you have it shut off instead of rebooting?

10. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

@ipirate-you can post outside links, just cant direct link to "questionable" materials like warez,and whatnot...

@sphynx630-I dont remember where exactly I got the files from...Its been a while since I downloaded them..I can send you my backups via email if you PM me your email addy..The files are not that big at all..(like 3kb or so)Its just a matter of replacing the update_plugin.prx, and the one for the LocationFreePlayer in your flash0...Like I said earlier, you can hold the R trigger button to reboot into recovery mode, or if you hold the L trigger button-it turns the psp off completely. Just selecting the icons without holding a trigger button will just restart the psp..If you want to change the text, so it says "reboot" or "restart", or even "h4xX0rD" you will have to get a hold of a program called "RCOeditor"(Zinga Burga) and edit your topmenu_plugin.rco in the VSH/RESOURCE folder in flash0.. I am using 3.40OE firmware, so if you are using the 3.51/.52M33-You will have to do the research on modifying the theme,and what can be done exactly..I have not looked into themes for the newer firmwares, so I would not be very helpful in that aspect..But if you have 3.40OE-I'm your guy!

11. ng2007

ng2007 Regular member

thanks for trying to help me out, but i updated to 3.52 m33 because of the better no-umd drive, so i guess i'll be looking in google for it